Tamr is the enterprise-scale data unification company trusted by industry leaders like GE, Toyota, Thomson Reuters, and GSK. The companys patented software platform uses machine learning supplemented with customers knowledge to unify and prepare data across myriad silos to deliver previously unavailable business-changing insights. With a co-founding team led by Andy Palmer (founding CEO of Vertica) and Mike Stonebraker (Turing Award winner) and backed by founding investors NEA and backed by founding investors NEA and GV, Tamr is transforming how companies get value from their data.
At Tamr we believe that clean, up-to-date data is the sine qua non of informed decisions. We assert that the best way to create accurate data is with human guided machine learning that improves over time. We believe that human intelligence cannot be replaced by machines. We are building the core set of tools to enable companies to leverage their existing domain expertise and data to produce clean, up-to-date data that fuels better decisions and delivers transformational business outcomes.
We seek a UX Designer to join the team. You should have a clearly linked portfolio that demonstrates an understanding of the UX process, from discovery research to rapid prototyping to facilitating design reviews to running usability tests. Your work should favor clarity, minimalism, and be in service of helping users via ethical patterns. As part of our team, youll have a broad reach to evolve our design philosophy and team.
- Work as a part of collaborative teams, alongside PM and engineering as a well-rounded UX researcher & designer.
- Lead the product design process independently from conception to delivery.
- Welcome critique from all teams and facilitate participatory design and workshops with stakeholders and customers.
- Help us weave UX and design thinking across our products, organization and customers.
- Help lead an effort to bring the simplicity of modern apps and the web inside enterprise companies.
- Improve the diversity of our thinking with your own perspective and ideas
- All applicants should submit an online portfolio as part of their application.
- Proficiency with modern design tooling (we use Figma) and design systems. We continuously evaluate our tooling and processes.
- 4+ years experience as a UX/Product designer working on modern, data-rich software alongside PMs and engineers.
- Eager to learn more about novel design challenges at the intersection of big data, collaboration and machine learning.
This position is available in Cambridge. Tamr does sponsor employees requiring a Visa.
Tamr provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.