Examity the world leader in online test integrity and ranked 119 fastest-growing company in North America on the Deloitte’s 2018 Technology Fast 500, is looking for a UX Designer to join its growing team in our Newton, MA location.
Reporting to the VP of Product Development, the UX Designer will work closely with product management and engineering to translate product requirements into highly usable web applications. This individual must be passionate about design and usability, a creative thinker and a flexible collaborator. The Designer will have the opportunity to create, execute, and perfect a UX vision that will help shape the future of the Examity offerings.
- Work with product management, clients and partners to understand market needs and user requirements and translate them into intuitive, elegant and compelling user experiences for complex interactions
- Research, brainstorm, and develop the visual and user experience design for Examity offerings
- Participate in the entire product lifecycle, from initial explorations through final design deliverables such as use cases, task flows, detailed mockups for development, and QA
- Develop storyboards, wireframes and prototypes to effectively communicate design vision and user interaction to the team.
- Work in an agile environment, driving activities and deliverables that support fast-paced, iterative design
- Support development teams throughout the implementation cycle to ensure the product is built according to wireframes/specs and broader UX strategy
- Apply user research techniques (contextual inquiry) and conduct usability tests to understand behavior and validate designs
- Identify appropriate metrics for measuring and gauging the success of UX
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a user experience designer of complex web applications
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in UI Design, Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Psychology, Computer Science or a related field
- Drive and passion to improve user experience & usability of complex problems
- Expert in principles and practices of user interface design, interaction design and information architecture.
- Proven track record of great designs and strategy that meet user needs, product requirements, and business goals. Submit portfolio samples in addition to your resume
- Strong wireframing skills
- Ability to create interactive prototypes
- Ability to distill key issues from usability tests and to implement practical solutions
- Fluent in HTML and CSS
- Fluent with the Photoshop, Illustrator and InVision or similar design tools
- Team player with excellent communication and collaboration skills, ability to communicate design principles and build consensus
- Strong visual and graphic design skills a plus
Examity offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental and 401k. As one of the fastest growing Massachusetts companies, you will be challenged to build your skills and take on increasing responsibility. Our office environment is open, collaborative, fast paced and high energy. Examity’s new urban office location in Newton, MA provides access to local shopping and restaurants. Employees enjoy Examity’s free snacks and drinks, one “work from home day” per week, and frequent group outings to skyboxes for Celtics, Red Sox and summer concerts.
Examity is an equal opportunity employer: All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws.