Cultural Care Au Pair is seeking a UX Designer to join our growing team. Through your user-centered design approach, you will help us re-imagine the most important thing we do: Connecting Host families with Au Pairs, helping them find the best match and creating long-lasting relationships.
As part of this truly global team, youll work out of our Cambridge office, but interface regularly with our team in Zurich, Switzerland.
If you are passionate about user experience, solving user problems and are motivated by the prospect of an international career with a dynamic and forward-thinking company, we want to hear from you.
What youll do
- Work closely with product owners, business stakeholders, and our customers to develop personas, user stories, wireframes, customer journeys and clickable prototypes.
- Find the balance to ensure that everyones needs are met and reflected in the final product.
- Conduct user research and engage with end users in user testing to verify your hypotheses to ensure that the needs of our users and customers are met above all else.
- Identify and propose solutions to usability issues.
- Present your designs and concepts to internal stakeholders with confidence.
- Iterate. You will be doing lots of sketching, wireframing, site mapping, and user flowing in order to make your ideas a reality.
- Collaborate with other designers and work with developers to implement user stories and turn designs into working prototypes and fully functioning products.
Who you are
You are someone who is deeply committed to creating a meaningful customer experience. You excel at explaining the customer perspective to your stakeholders and development team and you crave the challenge of reconciling complex user needs with even more complex business needs.
You're comfortable giving presentations to stakeholders, running workshops, breaking down complex requirements, user journeys, compiling research, and creating the building blocks for a successful project. This might include Personas, Wireframes, customer journey maps, user flow diagrams, wireframes and clickable prototypes and whatever other tools and methods you have in your tool belt.
- 3+ years of experience developing and working on front-end, digital UX and UI with a portfolio of projects to show for it.
- Ability to design simple, usable experiences that scale across a complex suite of products.
- Knowledge of user-centered methodologies.
- Have a solid understanding of current web standards and best practices, and an insatiable desire to stay on top of whats happening in the digital design space.
- Experience with multiple user research methods such as lean research, surveys and usability testing.
- Comfortable presenting designs both formally and informally.
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills and enjoy solving complex problems with elegant design.
- Understands the importance of teamwork, collaboration, and open communication across a global organization.
- Willingness to travel internationally.
Lets talk about the Perks
We believe that happy people do great work. What makes us happy? Things like:
- Market-leading benefits package including top of the line health coverage, 401k with company match, tuition reimbursement, and more
- $1,500 for professional development/continued education each year
- Three weeks paid vacation your first year and four weeks after your first year
- The opportunity to travel internationally
- Complimentary in-house language and fitness classes
- Sunny open-concept office space
- A restaurant and bar right in the building
- Discounts on travel
- Company match of your charitable contributions (up to $500 per year)
*In accordance with public health guidance, all of our staff are currently working from home. However, our EF culture still runs strong. From virtual happy hours, group workout classes, and collaborative technology, we'll make sure you can stay close to your colleagues -- even from home. We hope to get back to the office at some point in Summer/Fall of 2021, and this role will be based in our Boston office at that time.
About Cultural Care Au Pair
At Cultural Care Au Pair, we believe that cultural exchange has the power to make the world a more welcoming, understanding, and open place. We build global families by bringing together international visitors with American host familiesproviding meaningful childcare for families, an unforgettable year in America for au pairs, and a culturally enriching experience for both parties.
We are proud to be the largest and most experienced au pair organization in the world, having successfully placed more than 120,000 au pairs into welcoming American homes since 1989. Our program is strictly regulated, and our dedicated staff all over the world work together to ensure each participant has the experience of a lifetime.
Here at Cultural Care, we are a team of problem-solvers, relationship-builders, and innovators who are constantly thinking about how we can improve our program experience, respond to micro- and macro-level challenges, and stay relevant to our global audiences.
Cultural Care Au Pair is associated with EF Education First, the world leader in international education.
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programsfocused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academicsturn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate aboutwe welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, parental status, identity, experience, and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, So Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zrich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.