Building Engines is one of Boston’s fastest growing SaaS companies and serves the commercial real estate market. We’ve recently completed a $26 Million funding round led by a top tier investor and are now building out several new product initiatives. We have an immediate need to bring on an experienced UX Product Designer with strong UX/UI skills to help design our new SAAS Web Platform and Mobile App.
The UX Product Designer will be responsible for creating wireframes, prototypes, understanding user flows, and designing game changing concepts for our new platform in the commercial real estate and property management space. Candidates must have a strong background in UX and product design with examples in both desktop and mobile apps.
This role will report to our Principal of UX and work very closely with our agile development team as well as attending Scrum meetings and contributing to exchanges of ideas as we evolve our platform. We are looking for candidates who communicate well and are highly collaborative as well as bringing lots of ideas to the table. You'll also help run user testing scenarios, focus groups, onsite client visits, and other forms of research and customer feedback.
- Designing product screens for web and mobile apps
- Building detailed wireframes with annotations and functionality/flow requirements to share with team members and developers
- Creating prototypes to demo for internal teams and iterate on
- Helping to establish a style guide/component and pattern library with fonts, colors, iconography, functional elements, and other content types for the project
- QA and testing product versions to ensure they meet release expectations
- Extensive product research, focus groups, user testing and getting feedback from customers
- 3+ years of UX and digital product design experience
- Experience with SAAS / web apps and mobile app design
- Expertise with Sketch, Invision design tools
- Experience in Adobe Creative Cloud software including Adobe Photoshop, XD, Illustrator, etc.
- Previous experience with project management systems including JIRA, Asana, Trello or similar
- Experience on MAC OS, as well as with Office 365 preferred
- Proven ability to deliver effective, on-time results from an established set of tasks
- Ability to communicate complex web experiences to individuals and groups of wide backgrounds and experiences
- Demonstrates excellent written and oral presentation skills. Must be a good communicator
- Problem solver. Asks questions. Willing to research solutions and best practices on your own
- Full-time, Salary onsite position
- No relocation available for this role
- Flexible hours and occasional working remotely
- Great benefits, 401k, unlimited vacation, healthcare
- Open office environment with lots of snacks, beer, games, and team outings