The UX team at America’s Test Kitchen is adding a UX Designer! This is a full-time, on-site position. The ideal candidate has at least 1.5 years experience in a UX role. America's Test Kitchen is a real 15,000 square foot test kitchen located in Boston's Seaport. We have two TV shows and publish recipes, equipment ratings, taste test results, and kitchen tips across a wide variety of websites, magazines, and cookbooks. The digital design team is responsible for everything across our four websites and mobile app.
Traits we're looking for–
You are a good communicator:
- People tell you you’re a good listener; when someone makes a request, you track the request and the underlying need
- Comfortable leading user testing sessions and interviews with customers & prospects
- You can quickly and easily translate research learnings into a shareable format for other teams. You might even be interested in testing and learning what the best ways to share ux research findings.
You are analytical:
- You can pick patterns out of large groups of data, be that interview transcripts, heat maps or interaction patterns.
- You pick up on small details, but never lose sight of the larger narrative
You like to iterate:
- You are comfortable thinking of many ways to do something before settling in on one
- You are also comfortable sharing this early prototyping process with dev and design
You are proactive & curious:
- Always monitoring our members-only Facebook group for insights that could help improve our products & experiences
- Tuned into interesting things happening in (or out of) the food & technology space, and sharing how those things could improve our products & experiences
Specific skills you'll need–
- Conduct in and out of category pattern research
- Wireframe & prototype for responsive experiences
- Recruit, write scripts, conduct, and share insights from user tests and interviews
- Collaborate with visual designers, developers, product, marketing and research teams.
- You already, or can learn to, use sketch, invision, zeplin, etc.
These projects sound interesting to you–
- Working to create a unified experience across multiple web products, and one native app
- Owning and feeding a UX research database that can help our teams make data-informed decisions
- Recurring interviews with new, long-time, and canceled members to help build our understanding around our value proposition
Some fun perks–
- Our take-home fridge is stocked throughout the day with anything test cooks might be working on
- Free copies of all the magazines and books we publish during your time with us
- Conveniently located in Boston's Seaport
- A warm and engaged design team that genuinely loves working with each other