We need a passionate user experience leader to help define and drive the future of our member experience as we transform our business across a variety of mobility initiatives. UX Designers play a strategic role at Zipcar, not only envisioning solutions to complex business and mobility problems, but also influencing the product vision and serving as the voice of our members. This UX leader will serve as a key mobile app designer and lead a team of experienced UX designers within our newly-rebuilt UX and Product team at Zipcar’s HQ in Boston’s Seaport neighborhood.
What will you do as a UX Design Manager?
- Lead designer for a key mobile team: Spend at least 50% of your time as the lead UX designer for a mobile-focused agile team, collaborating with product managers and engineers to improve key member and business metrics. You’ll develop a deep understanding of user needs and pain points, become the subject-matter expert for your area, and envision the future of car-sharing.
- Team leader: You’ll spend the other half of your time supporting, mentoring, and leading your team of 3-5 designers.
- Guide the member experience: Manage the member DesignOps and design system across iOS, Android, and responsive web.
- Strategic visionary: Co-author the vision and roadmap with product managers. Develop your vision and socialize that throughout the organization.
- Use your business acumen: Partner with product managers to identify and design solutions that impact key business metrics, using A/B tests and post-launch qualitative and quantitative tools to monitor and make iterative improvements.
- Advocate for attention to detail: Know when to push further and have strong craftsmanship, knowing when to apply pixel-perfect attention to detail vs. produce low-fidelity sketches.
What kind of person are you?
- 7+ years of UX experience: You’re an exceptional mobile app designer and have a broad set of skills across UX, visual design, interaction design, information architecture, prototyping, and design systems.
- Expert in design and prototype tools: You’re an expert in Sketch and InVision with working knowledge of other tools such as Adobe Creative Suite and Zeplin.
- Empathetic to users: You’re obsessed with understanding how members behave and feel about Zipcar, actively participating in and sponsoring user research.
- Experienced leader: You have 2-3 years of experience hiring, developing, and managing a high-performing design team.
- Inspiring communicator: You not only communicate to convey information, but also to inspire and guide the entire business.
- Analytic and strategic thinker: You love discussing strategy with your colleagues, but you know talk is cheap and are constantly testing key assumptions using data and research.
- Gets stuff done: You foster strong team dynamics and are passionate about delivering successful solutions to user problems.
- Curiosity and motivation to learn: You invite critical feedback and proactively seek out any new information that will help prepare you for your next challenge.
- Outstanding portfolio: You have a portfolio featuring examples of outstanding design work in consumer mobile apps and services, transportation, or telematics.
- Bonus points if you’re a Zipcar member or a member of another car-sharing solution.
Because our work has a global impact, we enthusiastically support each employee’s commitment to creating a better world by offering
- As a member of the Zipcar Team you get a great benefits package including health and dental insurance, 401k, vacation time, paid holidays, personal and sick leave, along with a full complement of other insurance and support programs.
- Free Zipcar membership, discounted driving rates, and driving credit for you and your significant other
- Paid volunteer time off
- Bicycle commuter reimbursement
- Paid parental leave
- Training and development programs to accelerate career growth
- Global footprint of job locations and opportunities
- Flexible and open work arrangements
- Fun, respectful, passionate, and collaborative environment
- Educational Assistance Program
- Company sponsored parties, outings, and events
- Discounts on a variety of products and services through Zipcar partners
Zipcar is an EEO Employer
To all recruitment agencies: Zipcar does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Zipcar employees or any other company location. Zipcar is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
More Jobs From