Were a quickly growing group in iRobot, responding to the need to lead and grow user centered design in a company that just in the last few years put all its focus on consumer electronics. Join our team as we lead the home robotics revolution, designing robots to be appropriate to the home, completing their tasks well, & ultimately to be helpful to people in completing household chores.
The UX Manager will lead the UX and UI team activities related to the User Experience of robotic products and our Home app and associated interfaces from concept to production, working closely with Product Management, Engineering, and our Industrial Design and Design Research teams. We are in millions of homes around the world and have a tremendous amount of contextual data to leverage for better and better user experiences. Join our team and help lead us toward more helpful and autonomous robot behaviors as well as intuitive user experience.
Providing a link to your portfolio with your updated resume is required.
What You Will Do:
- Establish and implement a UX vision to lead the UX product design process across the physical and digital services, & throughout the lifecycle of our development process
- Provide leadership, direction, and mentorship for a team of UX & UI Designers
- Oversee the development of UX designs, including scenarios, wireframes, prototypes, testing and defining functional specifications
- Lead usability testing sessions with our clients to ensure their voice is present in the design of our software
- Coordinate and strategize all client interactions done by the UX department
- Collaborate and participate on cross-functional development teams for all of our product releases, platforms, and devices
- Lead agile development methodology to deliver products with an innovative experience design
- Ensure the success of UX strategy and champion the best possible user experience
To Be Successful You Will Have
- 10+ years of experience in UX and UI Design.
- 5+ years of experience managing or leading design teams.
- Personal work experience in an agile environment.
- Demonstrated portfolio of UX-focused work samples for hardware and mobile applications.
- Excellence at gaining consensus across multiple departments and leadership levels.
- Stellar problem-solving skills, flexibility, and ability to effectively prioritize.
- Ensure user needs are being communicated and prioritized throughout development process and across all touchpoints
- Lead heuristic evaluations of hardware and digital user interfaces
- Work as a part of a multi-disciplinary team to develop and execute a user-centered design process, acting as an evangelist for its widespread adoption within the company
- Apply usability principles and activities to all aspects of product and UI design. Oversee their implementation with the design team and development teams up to final production, with ownership and a high attention to detail
- Identify and benchmark outstanding examples of user interfaces that can inspire and guide UI development efforts
- Effectively present UX and UI deliverables and prototypes (wireframes, workflows, prototypes, etc.) to explain and negotiate design solutions to key stakeholders
- Assist in the overall development of the robotic user interface for all aspects of use, including setup, cleanup and maintenance
- Utilize and model design thinking to solve complex mechanical and ergonomic problems
- Maintaining internal client relationships in order to ensure that design and business objectives are met within constraints of schedules and budget
- Working knowledge and support of accessibility standards.
- Passion to constantly explore and evaluate the best design tools, processes, and practices.