UX Design Intern
KAYAK is looking for an energetic and passionate User Experience Design intern who is an excellent communicator and can identify opportunities for improvement, innovation and impact. This role requires customer focus, a data-driven approach and awareness of current practices for app and web UX design.
What youll do
- Work collaboratively with product managers, designers and developers to identify user problems and design innovative solutions
- Develop user flows, wireframes, and user journeys that reflect the user experience of our users.
- Assist in planning and conducting user research, including user interviews, remote or in-house research and moderated or unmoderated user testing.
- Leverage user research methodologies to identify product strengths, weaknesses and opportunities.
- Graduate student or undergraduate student with 3+ years of coursework (rising seniors)
- Coursework in Human-Computer Interaction, UX and/or Product Design
- Experience with design and prototyping tools including Sketch, Principle, Framer, Studio, Axure, etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Specific experience in successfully designing and developing new products on web and mobile
- Detail-oriented and excellent analytical thinking
- Problem solving and multitasking skills
- Comfortable working with Data/has Data Visualization experience
- Experience working on Design in a startup environment
AtKAYAK we help millions of travelers around the globe make confident travel decisions. KAYAK searches other sites to show travelers the information they need to find the right flights, hotels, rental cars and vacation packages and is the world's leading travel search engine.
As an employee of KAYAK, you will be part of a global network that includes OpenTable and KAYAK's portfolio of metasearch brands including Swoodoo, checkfelix, momondo, Cheapflights, Mundi and HotelsCombined. Many employees are dedicated to one brand, but we all have the benefit of using each others strengths and insights. Together, we're able to help people experience the world through dining and travel.
KAYAK is an independently managed subsidiary of Booking Holdings.
KAYAK is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees no matter their race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Whoever you are, just be you.