iRobots User Test team mission is to de-risk the design of our products and provide directional guidance on the future economic success of the product. Through extensive in-home testing, the UT team gathers the voice of the customer and validates technical improvements and design choices during the development process. Throughout the testing, the team analyzes the results and curates critical product performance insights that are shared with the technical teams, the product teams and the executive team.
iRobot is seeking a User Test Technical Support Specialist to play an important role in the development process. In this role, you will be the key link between the development team and users who are validating that our prototypes and software are operating as intended in real world environments. Users will provide you with insights of their needs and preferences, as well as report any issues they encounter while using the robot. As a User Test Technical Support Specialist, you will help debug common issues, and convey users issues/feedback to the development team enabling us to make better, more robust robots that delights our customers.
The individual in this role will work as part of the User Test Team within Systems Engineering and will work closely with Chief Engineers, Program Managers, Product Managers, as well as Software Engineering, Systems Engineering, Test Engineering and User Experience leads. The successful candidate will have experience or capability to quickly learn all aspects of user-facing testing.
About the job
- Primary point of contact for internal testers (employees) during home trials
- Work with third party vendor to coordinate external tests consisting of hundreds of users
- Review and respond to users feedback, debug issues, and escalate more complex issues
- Define users weekly tasks/activities by working with product development team
- Ensure users stay engaged throughout the duration of test. (i.e., completing weekly tasks, reporting issues, answering surveys, etc.)
- Work with both employee testers, external testers and external vendor on daily basis
- Experience interacting with customers and resolving issues
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of task execution and work with minimal supervision
- Familiarity with using connected products
- At least 2 years of relevant job, internship, or co-op experience.
Nice to have
- Experience troubleshooting complex electromechanical systems
- Advanced Excel and data analysis skill are strongly desired
- Experience with Centercode Beta Test Management Solutions
- Experience with product defect tracking tools (Jira, Agile Central/Rally, etc.)
- Bachelor Degree in related field is desired