iRobots User Test team mission is to de-risk the design of our products and provide directional guidance on the future economic success of the product. Through extensive in-home testing, the UT team gathers the voice of the customer and validates technical improvements and design choices during the development process. Throughout the testing, the team analyzes the results and curates critical product performance insights that are shared with the technical teams, the product teams and the executive team.
iRobot is seeking a User Test Data Analyst to play an important role during new product development, enabling us to make better, more robust robots that delight the customer. In this role, the UT Analyst will provide insights to customer needs and preferences as well as validate that the prototype robot and/or new software features work as expected. This position will work closely with the Chief Engineer, Product Managers, Data Science and Analytics, as well as other engineering disciplines (Software Engineering, Test Engineering, Systems Engineering) and User Experience leads. The successful candidate will have experience or capability to quickly learn all aspects of user-facing alpha testing.
About the job
- Use data analysis to solve problems seen in user testing
- Develop and maintain metrics, reports, and dashboards to help visualize robots performance
- Perform exploratory analyses to raise interesting questions and influence product development
- Communicate findings, make recommendations in support of strategic initiatives and report issues found during test
- Manage over the air software updates to fleet of user test robots (using bitbucket)
- Execute data validation, profiling, and cleansing activities
- Continuously push the edge of what iRobot can deliver to its customers
- You have a solid understanding of quantitative statistics, problem solving and analytical skills
- You have rich communication skills to explain complex solutions to non-Data peers
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of task execution and work with minimal supervision
- Proficient in Python, SQL, and data visualization with experience using pandas, numpy, matplotlib, and plotly.
- You have experience with command line interfaces (Linux and/or Macs)
- At least 2 years of relevant job, internship, or co-op experience.
- Masters degree in computer science, statistics, mathematics, physics, chemistry, biology, or related field; or Bachelors degree and equivalent experience
Nice to have
- Experience troubleshooting complex electromechanical systems
- Experience analyzing qualitative/open-ended questions, using natural language processing tools
- Experience with Jira, Mode Analytics and/or Centercode Beta Test Management Solutions