Office Tour Photos
Who We Are:
Twitter is seeking user researchers to be part of our Revenue team, focusing on our Core Advertiser products. Our research helps inspire, design, and build the experiences between Twitter and advertisers through which most of Twitter’s revenue flows. This encompasses all of our customer-facing channels including desktop UI, mobile UI, and programmatic access via APIs.
We have strong partnerships with our Product, Engineering and Design teams leading to our research directly impacting product strategy, roadmaps, and the detailed design of new experiences that are used by advertisers of all sizes – from the world’s largest brands and agencies to SMBs and personal brands - to enable them tell their stories in innovative ways, connect with customers and serve the public conversation.
We are part of a larger design and research team that’s full of amazingly talented and fun people who are passionate about Twitter’s ability to help people see beyond themselves and connect with the larger world in a meaningful way.
What You’ll Do:
As a member of our User Research team you will help everyone focus on the customer. In this role, you will create understanding and empathy around customer needs, stated and unstated for the product. You’ll work closely with Product, Engineering and Design to identify better ways to serve our customers, build new products and grow Twitter’s revenue.
You will do so by championing a customer-centered process that integrates insights and feedback throughout the product development cycle. You will conduct primary research, exploring the behaviors and motivations of our users through methods like field visits, ethnography, surveys and usability tests. Your research will help us create useful, usable, and delightful new products and features for people as well as continually innovating on our existing products. You’ll inspire change at all stages of product development by delivering compelling, written, in-person and visual presentations on your findings.
Who You Are:
If this sounds like a fit for you, you probably have:
- Expert understanding and high quality execution of a variety of qualitative and quantitative research methods and how to synthesize them together
- Strong project management skills and experience guiding multiple internal and/or outsourced projects simultaneously from ideation to completion
- Ability to translate research findings into actionable takeaways; comfortable presenting analysis and recommendations to executive audiences and key stakeholders across departments
- Strong storyteller with excellent data visualization skills who can bring research findings to life in creative ways
- Expertise in conducting research in a B2B environment (business customers or advertisers)
- Demonstrated ability to apply research insights to influence product and design decisions
- Successful track record of building strong partnerships with product, engineering and design teams and/or leaders
- Experience in creating user research artifacts such as journey maps, user flows and storyboards
- Ability to quickly develop understanding of Twitter advertising products, how they perform, their value for advertisers and how they compare to competitors
- An inquisitive mindset that fuels your desire to constantly learn, improve and iterate
- 3+ years conducting research in a fast-paced product development environment
- 1-2 years experience working at or with ad tech platforms, digital marketing firms or media/advertising agencies
- Proficiency with excel, powerpoint, keynote and G-suite.
Applicants with strong experience beyond these basic qualifications may be considered for this role at a Senior User Researcher level.
Additional skills (not all required)
- Experience mentoring researchers
- BA/BS or Graduate degree in Human Computer Interaction, Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, Computer Science, or a related field preferred
- Experience in researching rich media products (e.g. video)
Here’s all the legal good stuff: We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Twitter. Twitter is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
After you apply, a recruiter may reach out to you for an introductory call.
If your background is a match for the role, you may phone interview with 1-2 people.
If you continue through the process, you will come onsite 1-2 times to interview with a total of 5-10 people.
More Jobs From