Office Tour Photos
You will be part of an exciting and dynamic team that is changing the way that learners and course administrators engage with online education. Your work will help positively impact the edX experience for learners and content creators around the world!
The Experience team within edX is growing! Our Agile workflow and embedded structure allows the group to influence and shape the user experience across the edX platform. In this role, youll partner closely with members of UI, product management, and engineering to improve how millions of learners interact with each other. Currently the UX team is 4 people and we sit inside the larger Experience team of 10.
- Collaborating with product and engineering to understand and capture the constraints and opportunities that inform your UX design
- Designing low to medium fidelity concept flows to improve our platform for both learners and course administrators
- Capturing the thinking and decisions behind your work while sharing early and often with the project and experience team members
- Recognize trade-offs and articulate the rationale behind your decisions
- Attention to detail and follow through in producing multiple iterations of your work to reach the best solution for the project
- Recent experience in UX roles ~4+ years
- The desire to partner with a cross-functional team to reach great solutions
- Experience with delivering UX work for Product Development in an Agile environment
- Solid communication skills (verbal and written) that build and foster collaborative relationships with people at all levels of the organization
- Experience with designing within brand standards and design systems
- Experience with concept validation research and usability testing
Nice to Have
- Microcopy UI writing
- Discovery facilitation
- Design system pattern documentation
We understand that applying for a job can be intimidating. Applicants rarely meet every single job requirement, and we know there are many skills and backgrounds that will contribute to success in this role.
Thats why we provide new employees with
- Employee onboarding and training sessions
- Personalized 30/60/90+ day plans
- Individual quarterly and annual goals
- Career pathways
And much more to support you in your personal journey at edX! That said, if this role looks like a great next step for you, please apply even if you cant check every box. Wed love to hear from you!
edX is the education movement for restless learners. Together with our founding partners Harvard and MIT, weve brought together over 30 million learners, the majority of top-ranked universities in the world, and industry-leading companies onto one online learning platform that supports learners at every stage. And were not stopping thereas a global nonprofit, were relentlessly pursuing our vision of a world where every learner can access education to unlock their potential, without the barriers of cost or location.
More Jobs From