Office Tour Photos
The User Experience Designer is ideally a generalist who contributes across the product design lifecycle to deliver 1) thoughtful research that highlights how we can improve our customer experience and 2) application designs (mobile and web) that support Upserves mission to make our customers wildly successful. This role will work closely with our product managers, front-end engineers, and cross-functional partners to continually improve our research, design, and delivery processes.
- Work closely with product managers, engineering, and cross-functional partners to research and design customer and product experiences that help restaurants operate more efficiently, deliver better hospitality, and generate more profit.
- Provide actionable customer informed direction to inform design iterations.
- Contribute to continuous process improvement efforts related to customer experience design.
- Analyze in-app engagement data to make informed design decisions.
- Drive areas for tracking to improve KPI measurement across our products.
- Manage your schedule to meet timelines and delivery expectations.
- Socialize the value of UX across the organization through example and engagement.
- Compile and circulate designs, research, and insights to the greater team for transparency.
What you have:
- Minimum of 1-3 years of professional experience in visual design and/or user experience design.
- A portfolio with case studies that demonstrate:
- Web and mobile interface design that incorporates both quantitative and qualitative research over one or more design iterations.
- User research studies and their impact on the design. This could include:
- In-person contextual Interviews
- Affinity Maps
- Moderated Usability Studies
- Diary Studies
- Card Sorting
- Unmoderated Usability Studies
- Data-driven metrics evaluation and assessment
- Examples of how user research has been assimilated into digestible insights, nuggets/action items to demonstrate value and shape the product/user requirements.
- Knowledge of Lean Design, HCD, and Design Thinking principles.
- Proficiency in design, wireframing, and prototyping software (UXPin, Figma, Adobe XD, Sketch).
- An understanding of the technologies that power our products (React, JS, native apps, CSS, etc.) and history of communicating designs to engineers for development.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills - you will contribute to brainstorming, sprint planning, design systems, and design review.
- Openness to design pairing so work continues in your absence.
Bonus points for:
- Experience with user testing, A/B testing and funnel optimization.
- A passion for designing with big data to help restaurants grow their businesses.
- Experience managing design process and end-to-end delivery, including design asset management.
- Experience working with a design system as well as an understanding of best practices for accessible, responsive design.
More Jobs From