Aetna's mandate is to transform health and wellness by creating products that combine high consumer engagement and a best-in-class experience. The team is responsible for Aetna's digital transformation and all digital products and the development and execution of the digital roadmap. A crucial part of our mission is to build an integrated platform that enables us to deliver products that drive engagement and revolutionize health and wellness. We want you to be part of the team that's building this next-generation platform.
Aetna Digital is an energetic, highly collaborative team that operates as a startup within the larger Aetna Enterprise
We want you to bring your talent and expertise and drive the change in the health care industry.
Come Join Aetna Digital!
We expect our designers to have an appetite for inclusion and at a minimum have familiarity with and working knowledge of accessibility.
We are looking for an experienced User Experience Design Manager for our Boston, MA, Burlington, MA, or Denver, CO office. Flexible work from home schedule and drive to the office to important face-to-face meetings. You will be responsible for managing UX designers on the UX team. In addition, youll be working alongside other groups that support our mission, including dedicated user research, design operations, design systems, content strategy, and accessibility.
We want a passionate, empathic leader who has led and mentored a design team and brings a track record of delivering positive outcomes to consumers. Daily responsibilities include supporting continuous discovery, mentoring staff, and solving complex problems while innovating by partnering with engineering and product leadership.
- Work closely with Product and Engineering to help shape current feature development and influence future roadmap direction
- Shepherd compelling user experiences throughout the entire product lifecycle from start to finish, while leveraging Aetna Design standards
- Work with the Design Systems Team and other design leads to grow, nurture, and promote our scalable design system
- Inspire junior designers to produce high-quality work
- Commit to learning and teaching professional and technical knowledge to junior staff
- Work across departments to understand product potential and limitations
- Lead holistic thinking across platforms and devices
- Bring and share your passion for stunning visual design
- 15+ years of designing and 5+ years of managing teams and working in a Product, Engineering, and Design environment
- Subject-matter expert on iOS, Android/Material Design, and web design guidelines and best practices
- Ability to work and influence across organizational boundaries and manage ambiguity to deliver results
- Inspirational and precision-level communication and presentation skills
- Proficiency in Sketch, InVision, Miro, Photoshop, and a willingness to try new tools
- A strong portfolio of innovative design work that demonstrates industry-led, human-centered design process and business success
- Agile or SAFe experience
Masters degree in Design, HCI, or related field, or equivalent professional experience
At Aetna, a CVS Health company, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.