Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 240 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 150 million lives.
The User Experience Design Manager will be responsible for the end to end journey of our users. You would lead designers to craft intuitive, seamless workflows for the many different users of our technology consumers, healthcare providers, staff, administrators, and more. You will represent the end user in a cross-functional team of Engineers, QA, UI Designers, and Product Managers, and be a constant advocate for their perspectives. You will tackle complex tasks and translate them into easy-to-use interfaces, in relentless pursuit of a simple and excellent user experience. You will organize large projects, create research plans, review usage statistics, produce wireframes, create information architecture diagrams, prototypes, and other design assets to facilitate the continuous development process, while adhering to UX best practices and approaches. You will also contribute to our ever-expanding set of standard elements and rules by which they are used.
If you have a passion for solving complex problems and driving healthcare innovation, wed love to hear from you.
- Directly manage UX designers
- Organize the work for several products, balancing short term and long term needs
- Work as a part of a cross functional team on long term projects while creating items that can be reused by other designers
- Produce detailed wireframes that meet strategic/business objectives
- Build and refine prototypes of proposed solutions, as needed
- Contribute to our style guide and standard
- Advise other members of the company as an advocate for our users
- Create and maintain Information architecture diagrams for multiple products
- Organizing feedback based off of research with users and recommend new features for future development
- Review the work of other UX designers and give feedback
- Review the work coming out of development to make sure the experience is coming out as intended
- Occasionally you may work directly with clients to ensure a smooth integration between platforms
- 8+ years of experience in UX, Product Design, Information Architecture, Interaction Design, or a related field
- 2+ years of experience managing designers
- Ability to organize, delegate, & track work across multiple initiatives
- Advanced knowledge of wireframing
- Advanced knowledge of Figma
- Ability to create prototypes
- Qualitative Research - Ability to conduct moderated & unmoderated user research + synthesis findings
- Experience creating & maintaining personas
- Experience leading design thinking / co-design sessions or Hack-a-thons
- Experience using and contributing to design systems
- Experience designing complex products for both web and mobile interfaces
- Experience launching new products
- Experience in a fast-paced, agile software environment; ability to execute against aggressive timelines
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Passion to improve healthcare
- Experience in Health Care or another highly regulated industry such as Insurance.
Should you join American Well and the Experience & Visual Design team, you can expect:
The Experience & Visual Design team is a talented mix of designers, illustrators, usability specialists, and user interface experts. We support the full range of American Wells digital needs and are constantly developing delightful web and mobile interfaces, compelling marketing collateral and beautiful presentations. We are committed to changing the face of healthcare.
Working at Amwell
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. Were a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K match
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- On-site gym free to use and open 24/7
- Prime office space with roof deck access and views overlooking all of Boston
- Caf lounge stocked with a wide range of complimentary snacks, coffee and other beverages.