Forward Financing has been one of the fastest-growing Fintech companies in Boston for the past three years, as recognized by Boston Business Journal, Inc. Magazine, and Deloitte's Fast 500. Our mission is to be the leading provider of alternative financing solutions to under-served small businesses. We accomplish this by investing in our people, our technology, and our customer experience with long-term success in mind. We are proud to be named to Boston Business Journal's Best Places to Work in 2020.
The Underwriting Analyst at Forward Financing will be responsible for reviewing small and medium-sized business data to determine creditworthiness and financing approval amount.
In this role you will:
- Learn and follow Forward Financings process and guidelines to confidently issue profitable underwriting decisions.
- Analyze and interpret small business data related to financing applications to determine the appropriate amount of capital that the business can afford.
- Assess customers risk profile while understanding customers business needs, opportunities and challenges.
- Consult with internal sales reps to offer appealing small business financing options.
- Work collaboratively with other members of the Underwriting department on initiatives to improve processes.
- Passionate: You love what you do, and you have a positive attitude. You care about your teammates and the results of your work while demonstrating humility.
- Coachable: Open to feedback and continual professional improvement. Flexible and adaptable
- Communicator: Speaks and writes clearly and articulately and likes to build strong relationships. Openly listens to learn and shows appreciation for other points of view.
- High Standards: Quality orientation. Follow through on commitments. A doer who gets things done
- Efficient: Producing significant output with minimal wasted effort, organized planning and prioritization.
- Proactive: Self-starter who appropriately tackles problems and gets stuff done without the need for constant oversight. Continually seeks additional responsibilities while asking for, and acting on, feedback.
- Collaborative: Approaches work with a people first attitude and is a team player. Able to engage in healthy and helpful conflict.
- Emotional Intelligence: high degree of self-awareness. Handles interpersonal relationships judiciously and empathetically. Exercises good judgement while under pressure.
- Analytical: Quick study. Excellent quantitative and financial analysis skills, comfortable navigating a data-driven business environment to assist in delivering business insights.
- Resourceful: Ability to think creatively to source information and get things done.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Minimum of 2 years of professional experience (financial or analytical in nature preferred).
- Ability to pick up on patterns in data and make good decisions based on these patterns.
- Analytical and self-motivated professional with a track record of exercising good judgement when making business decisions.
- Proficient in reviewing data and making decisions in situations that contain some level of ambiguity.
Forward Financing is a Boston-based financial technology company that provides fast, flexible, and reliable capital to small businesses nationwide. By combining proprietary technology with a team of small business financing experts, Forward Financing delivers same day funding with the speed and simplicity business owners need to succeed and grow.
Since 2012, Forward Financing has provided over $750 million in financing to more than 20,000 small businesses. Consistently recognized as an industry leader, the company is A+ rated by the Better Business Bureau and receives top ratings across all major customer review platforms. Since 2017, Forward Financing has been named by Inc. Magazine and the Boston Business Journal as one of the fastest growing companies in Massachusetts.
We are a diverse and driven group of over 90 people, located in the heart of Bostons Financial District. Our employees come to work knowing they are helping thousands of small businesses while advancing their own careers. If this sounds like something youd like to be a part of, learn more at www.forwardfinancing.com
At Forward Financing, we believe that if our company succeeds, all of our employees succeed too. We offer a competitive compensation package for highly qualified candidates that are extremely motivated, have a positive attitude, and are able to ramp up quickly. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and commuter benefits along with gym reimbursement, 401K, paid volunteering days and a matching gift program.