UI/UX Designer – Boston, MA
Who we are:
Neurala, Inc. (www.neurala.com) is a software company located in Seaport District of Boston, MA that developed The Neurala Brain— Deep Learning neural network software that makes smart products like inspection cameras, robots, drones, toys, consumer electronics and self-driving cars more autonomous, engaging and useful. Neurala software is based on extensive research and development efforts, including technology that Neurala developed for NASA for planetary exploration and for the U.S. Air Force Research Labs.
Neurala, named one of the 50 most influential companies in the robotics industry, has secured in excess of $16M in funding from some of the largest and most innovative venture firms in US and Europe.
Are you interested in finding ways to apply your UX development skills to help push the boundaries of Vision Artificial Intelligence? Do you want to help make a platform that is usable by beginners and experts alike, and in a variety of new application domains? We’re working on a revolutionary platform that dramatically reduces the time, cost and skills required to build and maintain production quality custom vision AI solutions for robots, drones, smart devices, and industrial applications. We need you to help us create this best-in-class user experience! Emphasis on the UX part!
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take ownership of the entire user experience pipeline, from design to implementation - deliver comprehensive designs that engineering can blindly implement
- Experience with wireframing and prototyping applications - you tell us which tools will make you most productive
- Design to communicate what the product does, why it’s valuable, and how to use it without requiring users to read the manual
- Work with users, engineers, and researchers to fully integrate the aesthetic, mechanical, and technical elements of the product's user experience – FAST!
- Continually improve upon the existing user experience, even after a product is launched, through using web analytics and carrying out user testing
- Be an advocate for the highest level of quality, but still be pragmatic as needed based on priorities and timelines
● At least 5 years of relevant experience as a UI/UX designer designing delightful user experiences for technically complex products
● Strong understanding of how to objectively evaluate a user experience for learnability and usability, and then adjust the design based on empirical data
● Sufficient familiarity with web technologies to know what’s implementable
● Strong communication skills and a positive attitude
● Self-motivated towards creatively solving problems with a passion for solving real world problems for real customers
We’re especially interested in hiring you, if:
· You can also design eye pleasing icons and other graphics
· You’ve worked web platforms dealing with images, video, or drawing tools before
· You have superbly usable and beautiful web user interfaces in your portfolio
Neurala, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.