Office Tour Photos
Software Engineer, UI
UI Software Engineer
As a UI Engineer on the Marketplace team, youll create web, mobile, and desktop applications that integrate with a rich ecosystem of services to power our Marketplace platform.
Indigo Marketplace is changing how food is produced and soldin the U.S. now, and soon around the world. Today, growers dont have incentive to grow higher-quality crops. In fact, since grain is commoditized, growers main incentive is to simply grow as much volume as possible.
Our Marketplace flips the current model on its head by connecting growers directly with buyers and preserving crop identity. This means that growers get paid a premium for growing organic and similarly desirable crops.
Your expertise in interface design and software architecture will help us deliver a world-class front-end to our growing suite of world-class marketplace products.
As a UI Engineer at Indigo youll:
- Build user-facing features for our suite of applications. Today that means implementing React Components in Typescript, and integrating with our GraphQL APIs.
- Contribute to our internal tools and libraries, looking to leverage shared components and infrastructure wherever possible.
- Collaborate with product managers, back-end engineers, and data science engineers to spec, build, test and deploy high quality code in the cloud.
- Learn applicable design patterns, refactoring code where necessary, to maintain organizational consistency.
- Ensure that all applications are adequately tested in an automated framework, including functional and performance tests.
- Review code, have your code reviewed, and learn from other engineers.
- You have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Youve been building front-end web applications professionally for 2+ years.
- Youre able to research, propose, and evangelize new technologies or software patterns to improve the software ecosystem.
- Youre a strong communicator. You can convey technical concepts and trade-offs to both engineering and business audiences.
- You have prior experience working in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- You bring a positive attitude, a sense of humor, and self awareness.
- You are a perpetual learner and passionate about technology.
- You possess strong computer science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, programming languages, distributed systems, and data management.
Nice to Haves
- You have experience working with a cloud provider such as AWS, Azure or GCP.
- You have built production grade application using one or more of the following: Typescript, Node, GraphQL, Apollo, React.
- You have developed software that deals directly with transactional systems, trading systems, e-commerce platforms, or marketplaces.
Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable and accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, conserve resources for future generations, and grow healthy food for all. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigos portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, barley, corn, soybeans, and rice.
The company is headquartered in Memphis, TN, with additional offices in Boston, MA, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and Sao Paulo, Brazil.
More Jobs From