UI Designer Consultant
Mendix is on a mission to fundamentally reinvent the way applications are created, by abstracting the process and enabling everyone who has a stake in an enterprises digital future business people and analysts, web developers, software engineers, even CEOs to meaningfully participate, thereby creating better applications faster. Our goal is simply to create the future of software development.
In the UI Designer Consultant role you will lead high-end business solutions for our key customers. You will have the opportunity to work with outstanding talent in all facets of business innovation. You will have previous consultancy experience, and ideally come from a UI Design and Development background, particularly using the agile methodology.
You will be hands-on, and play an intrinsic part of the development process for our customers using the Mendix platform. As well as working with customers, you will be a catalyst to influencing the success of Mendix technology implementations, as well as driving adoption of our methodology.
- Bringing a combination of Design, Front-end development and product expertise to our customers and advise and guide them how to maximize user experience in their application portfolio and organization.
- Designing UIs of applications by way by leveraging the clients existing brand assets
- Communicating those designs to customers as well as your development team, not only sharing the results but also on why your designs came to be as they are.
- Delivering the front-end of custom applications designed as part of our Mendix Expert Services team. Developing applications through use of the Mendix modeler and CSS.
- Enabling our partners and customers by integrating UI and UX in an Agile environment using vision boards, user journey flows, mock-ups and great looking applications for our customers and prospect. Facilitating workshops/instructional meetings to enable our clients and trusted partners to give them the skills to develop their applications
- Inspiring and enabling our eco-system and developer community by developing and sharing valuable UI/UX content, patterns and best practices.
- Working on multiple challenging agile projects simultaneously in which your part-time contribution is key to success.
- Relevant higher education in user interaction design or graphical design
- 3-7 years of work experience as a designer and front-end developer ideally within an Agile environment
- Experience in designing mobile friendly websites and web-based applications
- Demonstrated experience building UI deliverables such as wireframes, design mockups, vision boarding, user workflows, functional specifications, and style guides.
- A solid understanding of HTML, CSS and Bootstrap with proven Photoshop or Illustrator experience.
- Comfort level with up to 50% national travel
While we live on different continents and work on different things, we are one team with a shared mission and set of values. We are passionate and strive for new heights, professionally and personally. We value collaboration, initiative and hands-on creativity. Above all else, we believe in a culture of growth, respect, and fun.
Make your career at Mendix.
There are precious few jobs that let you create the future. But youll find one at Mendix. We pioneered low-code software development technology, which is arguably one of the most transformative technologies of the 21st century for building applications. Already, Mendix is the engine powering digital innovation for thousands of enterprises. The world of software will never be the same, thanks to Mendix. Neither will you, once you start making the future as part of the Mendix team.
Important to know: Mendix is a Siemens business, which means were backed by the resources and stability of one of the worlds largest and most forward-looking enterprises. Think: job security.
Since our company was founded in 2005, our aim is to create a great work environment for people at all stages in their careers. Thats why we are so pleased and honored that we were rated a top Cloud Computing Company to work for in 2019, based on feedback from our employees on Glassdoor. Our organization is growing, in 2018 we added 200 new employees and opened new offices in the U.S., Germany and the Netherlands and we have plans to open a new office in the U.K. in 2019.