Together with topic experts throughout our firm, BCG Omnia is designing and developing the next generation of software products that support our business worldwide. It is critical that the user experience and design of our new product innovations are not only intuitive and engaging, but rapidly ideated and evaluated for market fit. Those that continue to grow will sit within a world class ecosystem of products and tools.
As an Experience Designer you will provide a range of services in this entrepreneurial environment. This role requires a broad range of expertise across the entire discipline of UX/UI, with deep focus on ideation and prototyping. Your agile approach to problem solving fits within a small, multidisciplinary team of creative thinkers and effective change agents.
As a member of the larger UX Design Team, you will be part of a rich community driving inspiration, knowledge, and guidance throughout our capability. You will be expected to carry out accelerated activities that include refining and contributing to requirements, rapid persona and user-journey articulation, conceptualizing features, wire framing and prototyping the user interface. You will work in an agile team, focused on failing fast and zeroing in on solutions to our client and team needs.
You are a game changer. You paint outside the lines. You have 900 new ideas an hour. You learn by failing and moving forward.
Your efforts will not only birth new products, but contribute to our growing library of best-practice, design guidelines, and standards. Helping to identify smart ways to collaborate and share effort to better the wider team and portfolio of products.
Facilitating and/or driving stages of the innovation design process. Helping to establish and evolve the product from concept to proof of concept for user and market testing/feedback:
- Rapid ideation (Sketching, White-boarding, etc)
- Wireframes & Prototypes
- Visual design
- Interface design
- Triage / resolving blockers
- Pushing everyone’s (including your own) way of thinking around opportunities and problems
- Collaborating with Engineering and business leaders in agile and iterative product development
- Being comfortable with balancing MVP approach with best practices – making tradeoffs to evaluate quickly while still delivering real value and polished thinking and deliverables
- Technical challenges with best practice interaction design
- Empathizing with our clients and users
- Presentation mastery (both creation and delivering as we share concepts and ideas with each other and stakeholders)
- A shared appreciation of BCG’s values and culture
- A user-centered design approach
- Deep understanding of the full spectrum of visual design and willingness to introduce new approaches and industry and technology trends to the team as and when is appropriate
- Experience working with responsive and adaptive interface designs to support cross-device and differing environments
- Ability to validate ideas quickly, able to fail fast and learn moving forward
- Strong collaborative skills and able to adjust approach to effectively interact with colleagues at all organizational and technical levels
Basic Job Requirements
- BS/BA Degree in Graphic and Media Design or related field; advanced degree preferred or equivalent experience in the field
- Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in UX/UI design for application development
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates UI design thinking and core craft skills across a variety of client categories and design formats & methodologies
- Deep fluency with Adobe Creative Suite, Prototyping tools, Wireframing software
- Fluent written and spoken English (other languages are desirable)
- An ability to deal with complex workflows and can contribute to designing solutions for them alongside senior members of the team.
- An ability to participate in stakeholder conversations to refine requirements with support from experienced team leaders.
- A focus on quality of implementation, design thinking and iterate through blockers
The Boston Consulting Group (BCG) is a global management consulting firm and the world’s leading advisor on business strategy. We partner with clients from the private, public, and not-for-profit sectors in all regions to identify their highest-value opportunities, address their most critical challenges, and transform their enterprises. Our customized approach combines deep insight into the dynamics of companies and markets with close collaboration at all levels of the client organization. This ensures that our clients achieve sustainable competitive advantage, build more capable organizations, and secure lasting results. Founded in 1963, BCG is a private company with offices in more than 90 cities in 50 countries. For more information, please visit bcg.com.
The Boston Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable, and those with criminal histories will be considered in a manner consistent with applicable state and local laws. In addition, as a federal government contractor, BCG maintains an affirmative action program which furthers its commitment and complies with recordkeeping and reporting requirements under certain federal civil rights laws and regulations.BCG is an E-Verify Employer.Click here for more information on E-Verify. VEVRAA Federal Contractor
More Jobs From