Office Tour Photos
Are you aUI designerwho wants to measure the effectiveness of your designs through data and testing? Are you looking to grow your skills and work on all stages of design + development? Then we want to talk to you! Cogo Labs is seeking a full-time designer to work on the branding, marketing, and design testing for our new and ongoing business ventures in our incubator.
What you would do:
As a member of one of our analytics teams, you'll contribute to all aspects of design and UX strategy for a variety of projects and businesses. This includes email design and testing, wire framing, prototyping, branding, and site design. You should also be willing to jump into the front-end code and work with engineers to build + ship the products you design, and to collaborate with analysts to test and optimize our products.
What we're looking for:
- A solid design portfolio with an emphasis on UI and UX. Maybe you have a BFA in Graphic Design, maybe youve learned by doing the job. The important thing is that you have an extensive and varied portfolio to show us.
- Experience working with design and wireframing tools: Our design teams work with Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch and Balsamiq most days, but we are always open to suggestions.
- Strong user experience fundamentals. For you, design is as much about guiding a user to what they need as it is about crafting striking visuals.
- Willingness to step outside of your comfort zone on a regular basis.
- Ideally you have a few years of professional design experience, however recent graduates with strong portfolios are also encouraged to apply. We need a self-starter who can take a bit of directional input and then take off, and wants to be the go-to design person on a team of analysts and developers.
Extra points if you have...
- Built out the front end within a web application framework (Ruby on Rails, Django).
- Experience with email marketing and development.
- Taken a stats class. Understanding phrases like normal distribution and confidence interval is a benefit.
- Previous work with tech startups and the desire to build a business.
More Jobs From