Office Tour Photos
Travel Operations Coordinator
EF Education First
Are you passionate about travel? Do you thrive in a fast-paced environment? Can you work both independently as well as part of a team? Do you ever wonder what your gate agent is furiously typing into their computer when you check in at the airport? If so, you might be the ideal Travel Operations Coordinator for EF Education First, the world leader in international education.
We are looking for an ambitious and highly motivated candidate to join the Travel Department within EF as a Travel Operations Coordinator. In this role, you will be handling all aspects of arranging flights for EF customers to and from their tour. Along with your teammates, you will be responsible for ensuring that thousands of travelers get where they need to be when they need to be there. This entry level position involves close cooperation with your colleagues in our sales and land operations departments, as well as daily contact with airline suppliers.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Booking and making changes to flight reservations while building and maintaining positive relationships with airlines
- Understanding EF airline contracts
- Negotiating group fares
- Booking customized flight options and finding creative solutions for challenging gateways and operational restrictions
- Understanding how constant changes in airline inventory affects your daily decision making and overall strategy
- Ensuring that both budgetary as well as quality guidelines are met for every itinerary
- Issuing tickets and communicating internally with the Sales & Customer Service Departments.
As a successful candidate, you:
- Are flexible and possess excellent stress management in a deadline driven environment
- Pay great attention to detail, while recognizing the importance of the big picture
- Are a proactive team player who understands the value of collaboration and open communication
- Are organized and thorough, creative and resourceful
- Have strong analytical skills and logistical thinking in order to develop strategies for optimization and cost savings
- Are a quick learner in one of the worlds most dynamic industries, the world of travel
- Are easily adaptable to changing situations; having a nothing is impossible attitude and ability to multi-task
- Have a strong work-ethic, self-accountability, and ability to work well both individually and in a team environment
- Are comfortable working with various reports and computer systems, including Amadeus, the airline reservation system used by EF
- Bachelors degree
- 0 to 2 years of experience
- Some prior Travel industry experience is ideal but not required
Interviews to start October 2019.
EF Education First is the world leader in international education. With more than 40,500 staff and teachers working in 53 countries around the world, our mission is simple: opening the world through education. Since we were founded 50 years ago, EF has helped more than 15 million people see the world, learn a language, or earn an academic degree. Visit http://careers.ef.com if you are interested in joining our global team.
We believe that happy people do great work. What makes us happy? Things like:
- Three weeks of vacation in the first year; increases to four weeks the second year
- 25% match on employee contributions to 401(k)
- Market-leading benefits package including top of the line health coverage
- Free in-house language classes
- Tuition reimbursement towards classes, trainings, and professional development
- On-site restaurant and bar
More Jobs From