Office Tour Photos
The Travel Manager is responsible for the management and oversight of all corporate travel and entertainment costs incurred on behalf of the company. This is a fast-paced, challenging role that requires the ability to problem solve, communicate cross functionally across departments, enforce policy and improve existing processes. This role will play a pivotal part in travel & event planning, budgeting, and reconciliation, and will also be responsible for assuring company travel is within policy and economical.
- Work closely with Accounting, Finance and Events personnel to outline travel and entertainment budgets and projections. Reconcile travel budgets against actuals to assist in re-forecasting and planning.
- Partner with leadership teams to review and enhance existing travel and entertainment policies. Assure all travel and entertainment policies are economical for the company and in line with market standards.
- Establish processes for reviewing and approving travel requests to assure that employees remain in policy. Responsible for enforcing travel and entertainment policy and escalating non-compliance issues to leadership.
- Review all current policies and procedures (P&P) regarding company travel and entertainment and identify weaknesses. Work with leadership to implement efficiencies to existing P&P to assure best in class travel and entertainment program.
- Manage employee Q&A platform for travel and entertainment related inquiries. Manage any ad-hoc travel, entertainment and event requests from internal partners.
- Assist Accounting team in recording and reconciling all payments to travel agencies. Assure that charges from our travel partners are accurate and in accordance with agreed upon terms and bookings.
- Establish preferred relationships with external travel partners to assure optimizing pricing and service for the company. Leverage relationships for company events and individual bookings.
- Grow and develop a travel team as needed to meet business needs and manage direct reports as the team expands.
- Preform regular analysis of travel spend across the company to identify areas of concern, trends, and material changes.
- Bachelors degree required
- 5+ years of experience managing the budget and reconciliation of travel or events.
- Experience working with varying departments to assist in planning and managing travel/events
- Attentive to detail and goal oriented. Ability to analyze data and derive conclusions.
- Strong communicator with an ability to maintain business relationships.
- Ability to manage small teams, enforce policies, and undertake long-term projects.
- Experience working in NetSuite or other similar SaaS based ERP systems.
- Experience working with Expensify, TripActions, or other similar T&E management platforms.
- Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting or Economics
More Jobs From