Office Tour Photos
Transportation Planner, International Supply Chain
The International Supply Chain is a team of highly driven and self-motivated individuals who are working in a fast-paced and fast-growing environment (we grew +10X during 2018). Our goal is to manage and drive operational efficiencies within the inbound space by working cross-functionally with teams within CastleGate, Logistics, and Engineering. We are working to grow our business, as this is the newest CastleGate supplier service, to hundreds of suppliers within the next few quarters.
The International Supply Chain (ISC) team is looking for a Transportation Planner to support the logistics coordination of freight from port of origin to Wayfairs CastleGate Fulfillment Centers. This process is split in two: Ocean Freight (port of origin to port of destination) and Freight Drayage (port of destination to Fulfillment Center). In this role, you will be responsible for the daily planning and execution of Ocean Freight operations, working with the teams business partners to help standardize operational processes. You will also be supporting the process of working with the leadership team in identifying operational challenges, as well as helping to drive for creative solutions
What You'll Do
- Coordinate across overseas agents, carriers, brokers, and suppliers to ensure consistent on-time booking, departure, and arrival of containers.
- Support the identification, planning coordination and execution of operational improvements.
- Identify operational trends that will drive initiatives for process improvement.
- Work with various teams, such as Carrier Management, Business Marketing, CastleGate Account Managers, Engineering and more, to ensure that action items are effectively implemented
- Keep an open line of communication with the teams business partners to ensure problems that arise follow the proper escalation path.
What You'll Need
- Strong MS Office and Google suite experience, esp. Excel and Google Sheets
- Strong administrative skills, ability to prioritize, delegate, and meet deadlines.
- Problem solving mindset with strict attention to detail.
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate, such as updates or operational challenges
- Experience with Cargowise, IES/Descartes or a similar NVOCC platform is a plus but not required.
- Experience in Supply Chain, Logistics, or Transportation is a plus but not required.
Wayfair is one of the worlds largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, were reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If youre looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then youll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. Were a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair and world for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. Thats why were proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.
More Jobs From