Office Tour Photos
Transportation Planner, Central Execution
The Delivery Network team is looking to add a Transportation Planning Associate to their group! This person will apply critical thinking skills to answer operational questions and support execution initiatives.
Who we are: The Wayfair Delivery Network team manages all of Wayfairs logistics operations from our suppliers to our warehouses or direct to our customers. We strive to continually delight our customers by providing the most transparent, reliable, and exception free end to end delivery experience in the industry. We believe in repeatable, scalable, data and process driven management while embracing Wayfairs entrepreneurial creative and fun atmosphere.
What you will do:
- Support Wayfairs transportation operations for speed, performance, and cost.
- Develop weekly operational plans that enable business stakeholders to successfully execute daily transportation movements across North America.
- Partner with various business stakeholders to identify key factors and requirements for each project and get buy-in for project methodology.
- Scope high-level business problems into more specific questions which can then be answered by data-driven analysis
- Present data and root cause findings with a clear point of view so that insights can be used to help drive business strategy
- Maintain and interpret dashboard information to help create and track key metrics used to help support our business
- Troubleshooting weekly tendering issues by documenting each issue, grouping them by type, and addressing the root cause of each.
- Support implementation of networkwide carrier portfolio changes by confirming transit time expectations, adding guardrails to weekly tender files, and reporting on carrier onboarding progress.
- Analyzing the optimal way to handle cross border shipments into and out of Canada keeping in mind supplier sourcing, demand growth, and multi-country transportation and regulations.
- Set up supplier pooling operation with 3rd party logistics providers and project manage the launch including supplier communication, transportation scheduling, invoice processing, and process improvement.
Who you are:
- You have at least 1+ years of experience in an analytical/execution role preferably with supply chain or logistics experience
- Previous experience executing on projects in a fast pace environment and presenting business cases to senior leadership
- Experience working within datasets and passionate about solving complex business problems
- Experience leveraging data to drive insights, strong critical thinking skills, understand root cause analysis, seeks to understand why and so what behind every decision
- Possess strong written and verbal cross-functional communication skills
- Comfortable communicating across multiple levels and various cross functional partners
- Strong Excel skills (1+ yrs experience)
More Jobs From