Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Every day we strive to provide the best possible experience to our users that are now numbered in billions, and to make that possible, we have deployed an ultra-high capacity backbone network that spans the Globe. We are looking for a Transport Planner to join our Backbone team to support the expansion of our global network. This is an ideal role for a Network Planner that wants to work on a purpose built and ever-expanding network that touches and changes the lives of billions for the better every day.
- Analyze traffic capacity projections and develop an optical transport network capacity plan accordingly
- Partner with Software Engineering & Product Engineering teams to develop capacity planning models and optimization simulations for network infrastructure
- Partner with Network Engineering teams to establish new design standards and build them into production
- Follow the developments of IP or Optical technology roadmaps and capabilities
- Network design, accounting for technological capabilities and network routing, to ensure scaling requirements and resiliency for the network are met
- Model ad-hoc, what-if scenarios, including greenfield and brownfield demand and supply scenarios to set strategy
- Investigate collections of network failure and routing behaviors, and create simulation tests to improve network efficiency and network reliability metrics
- Oversee fiber topology evolution of the backbone to achieve resiliency, and latency requirements
- Work with engineering, finance, and sourcing to support backbone fiber acquisitions strategies