About the role...
We are looking for a highly motivated and skilled scientist to join Inari Agriculture, in our research site in Cambridge. As a translational scientist you will join teams that are currently designing, developing, and applying innovative tools for genome engineering. You will specifically work on developing knowledge and applications of Inari's proprietary genome engineering tools to the pharmaceutical industry. As a member of our highly collaborative and multidisciplinary science organization, you will have the opportunity to contribute and develop your own ideas to address the most important challenges in modern agriculture and beyond.
As a Translational Scientist, you will...
- Help lead Inaris efforts to apply genetic engineering tools developed internally more broadly with a focus on application in the pharmaceutical industry
- Collaborate with scientists and research associates to design, execute, and coordinate lab experiments (e.g in vitro and in eukaryotic cell models); as well as interpret data, draw conclusions, and communicate results to different audiences.
- Participate in discussions with the science and business development teams to provide technical expertise and help identify business opportunities for the company
- Serve as the main point of contact between project leads and external collaborators/providers to test our technologies in mammalian cells
- Document and present findings through clearly written reports and effective oral presentations
- PhD or Masters degree (with equivalent experience of a PhD), and 0-4 years pharmaceutical or equivalent research experience in protein biochemistry, genetics, synthetic biology, or a related field
- Proficiency in common laboratory techniques for protein characterization and nucleic acid analysis
- A track record of robust experimental design and results interpretation
- Strong understanding of molecular tools used in eukaryotic cell or mammalian genetic engineering techniques such as CRISPR-Cas, TALENs, Cre-lox, homologous recombination, etc.
- Knowledge of the design, execution, and analysis of genome engineering experiments in mammalian cells
- Knowledge or experience applying genetic engineering technologies in the development of therapeutic applications
- Strong interest in combining existing knowledge in a novel business development context
- Adaptability and enthusiasm for new challenges, innate curiosity, and a passion for learning
- Creative and strategic thinking, good problem solving skills, willingness to be bold and take risks, and the ability to recognize and learn from failures.
- Integrity, transparency, and good communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills to ensure efficiency in planning and execution
- A collaborative mindset, a team player, open to giving and receiving ideas, perspectives and feedback
- A strong sense of purpose and drive to develop unique, high impact solutions
More Jobs From