A bit about us:
Were on a mission to change healthcare how its paid for, delivered, experienced. We want to put people center stage, not process or profit. We are guided by a deep belief that every person on Medicare should be treated like we would treat a member of our own family: with loving care and a profound commitment to their health and well-being.
Thats why were gathering a whole bunch of smart, big-hearted people to create a new kind of healthcare company one that combines compassion, health insurance, clinical care, and technology seamlessly.
"We want to partner with people we love for a cause we believe in. Life is short. Join us."
A bit more about this role:
Our Member Service team has the opportunity to make a difference every single day in the complex world of health care. Devoted Healths Member Service Guides are the main point of support for our members, answering their questions about their health plan benefits, helping them navigate the healthcare system, and listening for opportunities to improve their health or their experience. We aim to guide every member as we would our own family.
The Training Specialist for our Member Service Guides will support the Training Leader by developing and delivering training programs that help our Member Service Guides deliver great care for our members. Training programs include our New Guide training to help onboard new team members, annual training to support new market and new product launches, and resources to help roll out improvements in our technology or processes. In a typical week, the Specialist will create new training content, facilitate courses in virtual classroom settings, and answer questions from Guides.
In addition, the Training team plays a key role in building a strong culture of great service to members and caring support for colleagues. In addition to delivering formal training programs, the Training Specialist will assist in coaching and empowering our Guides, Supervisors and Site Leaders to be their best authentic, caring, and emotionally intelligent selves in their interactions with members and with peers.
The Training specialist will also develop a deep understanding of our benefit offerings and many of our business processes in order to best help the team answer questions and solve problems. As we scale our Member Service function across multiple service centers, the Training Specialist will be responsible for helping the Training Leader to ensure a consistent, coordinated operation across sites.
This role will work in an entrepreneurial environment where curiosity and proactive problem solving are at the heart of learning more about what our members need and how to develop better ways to serve them. You will be asked to identify opportunities to delight members and ideas for ways to make our processes and technology better every day.
Responsibilities will include:
- Support the development, maintenance, and implementation of new material for guide training program
- Facilitate classroom trainings & help drive mentor/nesting program
- Provide a strong and successful foundation for new guides in the start of their employee journey with Devoted
- Share weekly feedback with leadership team regarding new hire performance & engagement
- Ensure knowledge resources are updated as new information is provided and/or changes in processes are made
- Collaborate with product team on process improvements and disseminating process & tech updates to the guide team
- Partner with the service leadership team analyzing data to inform, develop, and implement supplemental training to improve guide performance and member satisfaction
- Partner cross-functionally to gather coaching feedback/insights from other departments and functions to maximize operational efficiency and service.
- All other duties as necessary to support high levels of quality and service excellence
- This role sometimes requires business travel to help support multiple site locations (Scottsdale AZ, Waltham MA, New Gloucester ME)
Attributes to success:
- A super proactive get it done attitude- and the skills to back it up
- Strong attention to detail -- organized and thorough
- Process improvement orientation
- Ability to prioritize and multitask while maintaining focus on key objectives and goals
- Ability to function both independently and as a team
- Takes appropriate initiative while soliciting input/advice appropriately
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and strong ability to problem solve
Desired skills and experience:
- Associates Degree or equivalent customer-facing work experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience creating and delivering effective training
- Proven organizational, communication, and informal leadership skills
If you love running towards complex challenges and transforming them into solutions, if you want to make a potentially huge impact on many lives, and if you are looking for a disruptive startup with an inspiring and talented team, Devoted Health may be the place for you!
Devoted is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to a safe and supportive work environment in which all employees have the opportunity to participate and contribute to the success of the business. We value diversity and collaboration. Individuals are respected for their skills, experience, and unique perspectives. This commitment is embodied in Devoteds Code of Conduct, our company values and the way we do business.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, the Company does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy status, marital status, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, or any other factor prohibited by law. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.