EF Explore America
July 8, 2019 start date
Are you someone who believes opening the world through education and cultural exchange is important? Do you believe in the power of creating transformative experiences through experiential learning? Do you have a great story to share about how travel has impacted you and you cant wait to share that with others? Do people see you as an outgoing person who is good at connecting with people? Are you a natural at building great relationships?
We are looking for entrepreneurial people to join our sales team who will partner with teachers to inspire them and coach them through establishing a travel program within their school and community. In this role you will be responsible for shaping the direction and overall growth strategy in your territory leading it to success.
As a Tour Consultant, youwill be responsible for developing new and repeat business within your territory, ensuring high levels of retention through top-notch customer service and building key relationships. This will be achieved through heavy phone sales where you will work to establish strong relationships with each educator through consistent and collaborative contact. You will work closely with educators to consult and understand their needs, choose the tour itinerary that best fits their needs, support them every step of the way leading up to their departure and be there for them when they return where you will anxiously be waiting to hear their thoughts and ideas on what they loved and what they would like to do next time! Ultimately, you will help to create an unforgettable travel experience for as many students as possible across the country, and support educators to continue a tradition of travel on an annual basis.
- Exceptionally strong communicator: clear, persuasive, motivating and trustworthy
- Positive attitude you think nothing is impossible (yes, really this is a non-negotiable for us)
- Ability to build strong relationships with your colleagues and the educators you are partnering with
- Excellent time management and organizational skills with ability to meet deadlines
- Student mentality you cant wait to learn our sales process and work to constantly improve on your craft
- Fearless willing to take a chance, try something new and look for new opportunities to grow your territory
- Humble you love to celebrate a good win but also share the spotlight with your colleagues
- Driven team player with a strong work ethic
- Prior sales experience preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite including: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Bachelors Degree
Highlights of Benefits
- Annual base salary and unlimited bonus potential
- Market-leading healthcare and other generous benefits including discounts on Patriots, Bruins and Celtics tickets as well as gym memberships and other retailers
- Three weeks paid vacation time to start and four weeks in year two (and even more the longer you work at EF!)
- Receive paid travel at least once a year in North America or internationally
- Complimentary in-house language classes (Bonjour!)
- Innovative and collaborative work environment (no cubicles in sight!)
- Comprehensive training and professional development including annual kickoffs and offsites to learn, grow and celebrate
- Chosen as Boston Globes Top Places to Work 2017
EF Explore Americaprovides experiential educational tours for students across America so that they gain new perspectives, build skills for the future, and visit the nations leading destinations. To learn more visitwww.efexploreamerica.com.
A bit about EF Education First:
EF is the worlds largest international education company providing life-changing educational experiences to create global citizens. We offer millions of people the opportunity to learn a language, travel abroad, experience another culture or earn an academic degree. Since 1965, EFs mission has been opening the world through education. Our 52,000 employees have a worldwide presence in over 600 schools and offices within 50 countries.
For more information about our career opportunities, visitwww.careers.ef.com