Temporary/Contract Payroll Administrator (ADP Workforce Now))
Who is Virgin Pulse?
Virgin Pulse, founded as part of Sir Richard Bransons famed Virgin Group, helps organizations build employee health and wellbeing into the DNA of their corporate cultures. As the only company to deliver a powerful, mobile-first digital platform infused with live services, including coaching and biometric screenings, Virgin Pulses takes a high-tech-meets-high-touch-approach to engage employees in improving across all aspects of their health and wellbeing, every day from prevention and building a healthy lifestyle to condition and disease management to condition reversal, all while engaging users daily in building and sustaining healthy habits and behaviors. A global leaderin healthand wellbeing, Virgin Pulse is committed to helping change lives and businesses around the world for good so that people and organizations can thrive, together. Today, more than 3100 organizations across the globe are using Virgin Pulses solutions to improve health, employee wellbeing and engagement, reduce costs and create strong workplace cultures.
Who are our employees?
At Virgin Pulse were passionate about changing lives for good. We want to make a difference in the world by helping peoplebe healthy so they can perform at their best, every day, at work and home. Our award-winning solutions support leading employers in improving and simplifying the employee health and wellbeing journey and engaging people in all aspects of their health. But our world-class products and programs are nothing without our people the employees who design, build, promote, sell, test and perfect the latest innovations in workplace health and wellbeing. Our people are our top priority and we invest in their health and happiness.At Virgin Pulse, we have so much more than a strong, supportive company culturehave a shared vision for a healthier, happier world.
Who you are.
You are a time-tested Payroll processingprofessional with solid, current experience managing and processing payroll,for companies of500-1000or more, utilizingADP Workforce Now.You are knowledgeable in the coordination of all aspects of a companysbi-weekly payrolland know how to administer all of the companys benefit offeringswithin the payroll.
As ourPayroll Administratoryou attend to the day-to-day operations of our payroll department (specifically within Workforce Now, Essential Time and Enterprise Enhanced Time) to ensure timely and accurate payroll process deadlines are met and that internal guidelines are followed while managing all phases of benefits administration and maintenance of employee programs.You take care in the interaction with employeesto address, assist, and resolveall employee payroll relatedissues.
In addition to the above, you are knowledgeable in payment of sales commissions on a monthly basis and skillfully able to assist with management of the Companys bonus program, while assisting with other HR compliance initiatives, projects and events.
In the role of Payroll AdministratorforVirgin Pulseyou will wear many hats but your focus will be crucial in the following:
- Processes payroll, reconciliations, payroll taxes, year-end procedures and W-2s for multi-state employees
- Prepares reports from ADPWFNfor employee benefit and payroll audits
- Ensures the accurate processing of all mandatory and voluntary deductions as well as garnishments, liens, direct deposit requests, 401K loans, etc.
- Ensures legal compliance in completing all paperwork including all Federal, State and Local laws regarding payroll administration. Sets up and maintains state and local tax filing status with ADPs tax filing service
- Fully comply with all statutory payroll legislation and handle any inquiries from government agencies
- Administer information flow and employee data in ADP suite of products including:Workforce Now (preferably 14.0 or higher) as well as Enterprise eTime.Identifies, troubleshoots and resolves issues as appropriate
- Coordinates the time and attendance system for hourly employees; understands time reporting rules and requirements; monitors the system for proper functioning; troubleshoots and resolves issues
- Processes all special compensation, incentives / commissions, and bonus checks with the highest standard of accuracy and timeliness and in accordance with SOX requirements
- Prepare year-end incentive accrual and reconcile to accrual to actuals as incentives are paid
- Analyze current payroll policies and procedures and recommend best practices for efficiency and accuracy. Keeps current in trends and regulations as they relate to the payroll function
- Complies with internal audit controls, ACA, FLSA, COBRA, SOX compliance,tax and other payroll and benefits related legislation
- Ability to create and analyze reports on an as needed basis. Prepares and maintains standard and ad hoc reports, queries, and conduct appropriate audits to endure data integrity
- Responds to inquiries and verifications for unemployment and other payroll-related data
- Perform other duties and or special projects as necessary
What you bring to the team.
- A minimum 7 years of direct payroll processing experience with multi-state payrolls.
**Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification is highly desirable
- You have recent, demonstrated proficiency and experience using ADP suite of products including current versions ofADP Workforce Now andtime tracking modules (E-Time, Essential Time)applications-required
- Working knowledge of applicable federal, state, and other related laws and regulations regarding payroll and benefits including overtime, ACA, COBRA, FLMA, ERISA and HIPAA.
- Experience withmulti-state payrollis a must.
- Full knowledge of payroll and general knowledge of accounting practices and principles
- Demonstrated ability to understand the process and flow of information between internal applications in order to proactively anticipate issues and ensure desired outcomes
- Ability to utilize report writing software to develop and produce ad hoc reports for People & Culture team and / or Finance team
- Through understanding of gross to net calculations
- Must be able to work with highly sensitive information in a confidential manner
- Excellent communications and customer service focus. Ability to connect positively, constructively and collaboratively with a variety of employees at all levels, under deadline pressure required
- Able to accurately multi-task and extreme attention to detail essential
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written is required
Why work here?
We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive work environment, strong employee culture and cutting-edge technology and services so many reasons to love it here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any protected class status.