Office Tour Photos
We are looking for a Telecom Systems Administrator to join our Business Communications Engineering team within our Technology Services division. The Telecom Systems Administrator will contribute to the planning, design, and implementation of innovative projects that improve telecom services at athenahealth. The role will be 25% design and engineering, and 75% operations. But enough about us; let’s talk about you.
You are an ambitious problem solver with experience supporting enterprise telephony systems and call centers. You have excellent systems analysis, troubleshooting, and critical thinking skills. You possess a deep understanding of telephony systems and integrated applications. You manage time effectively and have the ability to meet multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment. You have the flexibility to learn independently and as part of a team.
The Team: Our Business Communications team is responsible for delivering and supporting business-critical telecommunications and conferencing services to the employees and call centers at athenahealth.
- Administer, support, and monitor a Microsoft Teams PBX
- Design and deploy room systems for use with Microsoft Teams conferencing
- Provide superior customer service to internal and external clients including response to escalations, proactively notifying customers of telecom issues, and assessing and communicating business impact
- Work with internal customers and third-party vendors to support, maintain, and optimize tools used in call center environments. These include but are not limited to call recording, workforce optimization, and reporting applications
- Support cloud-based contact center as subject matter expert to business customers
- Monitor the telecom ticket queue; update and escalate tickets in accordance to Service Level Agreement requirements
- Experience supporting enterprise telephony systems
- Experience supporting enterprise call centers
- Experience working in a 24x7 production environment
- Understanding of dial plan analysis, call routing best practices, skills-based routing, PBX components and functions, call detail reporting, call recording systems and workforce management systems
- Understanding of unified communications and mobility products and strategies
- Understanding of carrier SIP trunking and Session Border Controller
- Our Purpose: To unleash our collective potential to transform healthcare.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to a number of restaurants, a local gym, and a large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee café and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: If you’re curious, passionate and want to connect with work that matters, you’ve come to the right place. At athenahealth, our employees (or “athenistas”) are committed to making healthcare smarter. At the heart of athenahealth's culture is unconditional positive regard for one another, our customers, their patients, and our community. We take time to celebrate diversity and our accomplishments and strive to be powerfully relevant and refreshingly candid in everything we do.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support (We were named one of the 2018 Best Workplaces for Commuters!), collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.
More Jobs From