Technology Director / Enterprise Architect
Intrapreneurship is defined as creating from within, starting something from nothing. And it is at the heart of the people atRightpoint. We are a values-led intrapreneurial organization. Weredriven by innovation, rooted in technology and relentlessly curious. We love the creativity involved in taking a blank screen and blinking cursor and making it something amazing. With intrapreneurship in our DNA, were able to move quickly to build unique, innovative customer experiences that evolve the way our clients do business. .
Are you someone who wants to create change in the way business is done? Do you want to work with inspired and like-minded intrapreneurs?Us too! We take our work very seriously, but we have fun doing it. And were searching for passionate, talented people to join theRightpointteam.
Rightpointis the largest independent customer experience agency with technology at our core, and 450 employees across 10 offices. We create seamless digital experiences driven by insight, strategy, technology and design.Rightpointserves more than 250 Fortune 1,000 companies with digital transformation solutions around web, mobile, CRM, commerce, BI, emerging technologies and cloud.
And the industry is taking notice:
- Crain's Chicago Fast Fifty of Fastest Growing Companies, 2014 - 2017
- "Top 100 Workplaces in Chicago" by the Chicago Tribune, 2014-2016
- EY Entrepreneur of The Year Award, Co-founders Ross Freedman & Brad Schneider: 2015 Midwest Dual Finalists
- One of the "Most Promising Companies in America" by Forbes in 2014
WATCH THIS to learn more aboutRightpointand our culture:
The Office Technology Lead responsibilities will include the following:
- Develop and manage technology strategies and roadmaps for Rightpoint Clients, providing implementation direction as it relates to their strategy and objectives.
- Maintain a constant energy towards Business Development by supporting and leading BD pursuits.
- Partner with Rightpoints sales and account teams to inspire clients to understand the art of the possible with technology solutions that help solve their critical business problems.
- Act as the Technology Subject Matter expert when pitching multi-disciplinary client solutions across strategy, design, content and technology. This includes helping shape the overall solution by contributing to pitch decks and proposals as well as, attending new business pitch meetings.
- Oversee and validate estimation of client solutions in proposals and Statements of Work.
- Act as a thought leader (internally and externally) with an eye towards industry trends and direction (e.g., pushing the envelope with AI/Machine Learning within a Digital Workspace); ability to articulate a clear Point-of-View on such trends.
- Ensure alignment between client IT and business realms, promoting transparency and open communications across both client groups.
- Collaborate with Rightpoint teams in helping clients to reduce costs, increase agility, and standardize IT environments.
- Architect and lead the implementation of complex consumer facing and enterprise technology solutions such as transactional websites, customer portals, commerce solutions, IoT, Business Intelligence.
- Identify and manage technical risk on projects.
- Establish high, mid and micro level plans, and estimates for project teams
- Maintain, grow and expand the current office offerings; foster innovation and diversification of work.
- Actively participate in an entrepreneurial office environment.
The role will work closely with Rightpoint Delivery Teams, providing a unique perspective from the technology front. Rightpoint provides services across the entire spectrum of enterprise application development from strategy, ideation, and envisioning, all the way to application design/development, operations, and support. A successful track record of software development and maintenance of a client portfolio is critical to success.
The role will assist in a pre-sales capacity for opportunities that have been clearly identified as well as provide thought leadership and development of collateral within the sales process.
The role will collaborate closely with the Managing Director of the office as part of the local leadership team representing the technology domain to set and execute local business strategy, and develop the office culture and vision.
It is important that people filling this role have a strong and diverse background in not only software development projects, but can also bring to bear the requisite client-facing soft skills that foster positive communications and trust with clients.
- Bachelors Degree in Business/Computer Science (preferred) or related field
- Tolerance for shifts and changes in activities that will evolve quickly and dramatically.
- Experience working with geographically dispersed highly motivated and innovative teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills between both the customer and all levels within the organization are required; PowerPoint and Excel will be your primary tools.
- Knowledge of sound business practices and a proven track record of exceeding customer expectations and anticipating their needs are also required
- 10 or more years of software development leadership responsibilities managing and delivering application development projects.
- 5 or more years of working in an Agency or Consulting environment
- Technical Breadth in relevant technologies including
- Microsoft .NET
- Content Management (i.e. Sitecore, EpiServer, Adobe, SharePoint)
- Front End Development
- CRM (Salesforce or MS Dynamics)
- ERP Software (i.e. MSFT Navision or Dynamics AX)
- REST Web services & API knowledge
- DevOps/Automation knowledge (CI, CD, Aggregated Logging & Metrics)
- Analytics & Business Intelligence
- Integration Platforms (i.e. MuleSoft, TIBCO, Informatica)
- Microsoft Azure
- Cloud Hosting and Applications
- Physical Architecture and Infrastructure
- Relational and NoSQL Database technologies
- Comprehensive understanding of cloud services offered by any of the major cloud platforms. MS Azure and serverless architectures are a plus.
- Understanding of data streaming and transformation through cloud services.
- Experience in performance testing and optimization of high volume applications
- Excellent consulting skills and the ability to work effectively with clients and team members
- Strong presentation, client pitching skills and Agile Delivery experience
- Successful track record of developing and maintaining a client portfolio
- Willingness to travel periodically
We love what we do. And working together. Were united in our mission to make great work every day, and we believe in taking care of our own. Thats why we offer a supportive environment with plenty of opportunities to work on interesting projects, grow your career and have fun while doing it.
Come be a part of the team today!
Benefits and Perks at Rightpoint
- PTO + Paid Holidays
- Casual Dress (when in the office; when at a client site, we need to mirror their dress code)
- Flexible Work Schedule
- Great Health Coverage
- Medical 3 plans to choose from!
- Life/AD&D/Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- Flexible Spending (Dependent & Healthcare)
- Transportation/Parking Pre-Tax Benefits
- 401k with Company Matching
- Rightpoint-provided snacks and soft drinks
- Regular social events including volunteering, lunch outings, XBox One, golf outings, Whirlyball, and daily table tennis matches
- Open Office Environment
- Continuous Training, Certifications, and Learning Opportunities
This is a full time, salaried position. For more information, visitwww.rightpoint.com. Rightpoint is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.
Rightpoint is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet-based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services that allows Rightpoint to verify the employment eligibility of our employees. Based on the information provided by you on your Form I-9, Rightpoint will input that information into E-Verify which will confirm your information in DHS and Social Security Administration (SSA) databases. Your continued employment with Rightpoint is contingent upon an Employment Authorized result for you from the E-Verify system
APPLICANTS MUST BE PERMANENTLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE U.S.. WE ARE UNABLE TO OFFER SPONSORSHIP AT THIS TIME.