Technologist - Full Stack Solutions Architect
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as a tech startup within a Fortune 100 company, we are leading a digital disruption that will redefine how people experience insurance.Tech at Liberty Mutual offers the challenge and creativity of a startup with the financial backing and stability of a large company – that’s our opportunity for you. Liberty Mutual has been building internal startup teams to deliver innovative products and solutions quicker. As we grow this culture, mindset and capability, we want you to lead this change with us. We are spinning up more Agile Lean Startup teams and we need technologist to anchor and develop these teams. If you’re a curious learner who wants to develop customer-centric products from idea to production within small, empowered, agile teams, join our tech team. As a Technologist you will work with your product team to develop customer-centric digital software products from idea to production. This is a fast-paced environment providing rapid delivery for our business partners. Liberty Mutual is looking for someone who enjoys working in a highly collaborative environment that values speed and quality, with a strong desire to drive change as we continue on our agile transformational journey. In this role, you would:
- Act as a solutions engineer working within modern architectures and frameworks while experimenting with newer technologies and tools.
- Collaborate with development teams and architects experienced with these newer technologies to ensure solution alignment with technical architecture, business plans and long term strategy.
- Guide the development of system, technical and product standards based on business plan and vision.
- Make recommendations to improve process efficiency and effectiveness, providing input to major architectural designs to ensure consistency, security, maintainability and flexibility with respect to overall system, technical and product architectures within a domain or portfolio.
- Continually enhance full delivery pipeline through automation, expanded yet increasingly efficient test coverage, ultimately optimizing time-to-market and quality
- Plans and manages execution of architecture migrations.
- Maintain strategic partnerships between vendors, business partners, and Technology.
- Deliver artifacts, technical alternative documents and architectural designs that meet business requirements.
- Oversee design reviews and frameworks.
- Contribute to decisions that impact profitability and operational effectiveness.
This role might be for you if you have:
- Bachelor`s or Master`s degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience; technical Master`s degree preferred.
- Generally a minimum of 10 years related experience.
- In-depth knowledge of IT concepts, strategies and methodologies.
- In-depth knowledge of diverse and emerging technologies and new architectural concepts and principles.
- Knowledgeable in software engineering languages and tools; proficient in new and emerging technologies.
- In-depth understanding of layered solutions and designs; in-depth understanding of shared software concepts and product features, as well as security minded.
- In-depth knowledge of business operations, objectives and strategies; in-depth understanding of global business and technology trends and the financial services industry.
- Highly developed negotiation, consensus building & influencing skills, facilitation and the adaptability to respond to change quickly.
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills; strong presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with all levels of the organization.
- Familiarity with event-based System of Engagement architectures and integration with with APIs exposing microservices (e.g., REST, SOAP)
- Experience working with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Lean Startup, XP) and cross-functional teams (Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Developers, Designers, Business Analysts)
- Ideally familiar with Design Thinking, Behavior and Test-Driven Development
- Strong leadership, communication and collaboration skills with track record of taking solution ownership
- Workplace Flexibility
- Wellness Perks
- Collaborative workspaces
- Sit/stand desks
- Career development, programs and classes
- Diversity & Inclusion programs
- Philanthropic giving and volunteer opportunities
- Commuter Benefits
- Adoption Assistance
- College Savings Plan
- Education reimbursement
- Annual Hackathon
Liberty Mutual was named as a ‘2016 Great Place to Work’ by Great Place to Work US.
For more info about our benefits, check out: https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/careers/working-here/benefits
Learn more about Tech at Liberty Mutual: https://www.jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/
Check out our Tech at Liberty Mutual YouTube playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist