Technical Writer II - Alexa
“Alexa, find me a customer obsessed technical writer!”
Are you passionate about taking complicated concepts and translating those ideas into something that’s both easy to read and meaningful to developers? Do you thrive in dynamic, fast-paced environments? Are you excited about Alexa and the future of voice? If yes, then you’ll fit right in on the Alexa Applied Modeling and Data Science Team.
Alexa is Amazon’s intelligent voice assistant that powers devices such as the Amazon Echo, Amazon Echo Show, Omaker WoW and ecobee4. We’re looking for a technical writer who can hit the ground running and create the content, tools, and educational materials that enable internal contributors to onboard rapidly across job categories. You'll help create and maintain documentation of processes, training materials, lessons-learned/retrospectives.
Your expertise will include strong contextual writing, a love for coherent information architecture, and a hankering to dive deep and get things right.
As a technical writer for Alexa Applied Modeling and Data Science team, you’ll need to put yourself in the developer’s shoes and deliver the resources they need to get started quickly and contribute to our voice-enabled products – be customer obsessed!
The ideal candidate is an independent and curious self-starter with a demonstrated ability to produce high-quality technical content, drive complex documentation projects, collaborate with technologists, quickly grasp new technical concepts with enthusiasm.
· Bachelor’s degree or higher in English, Technical Writing, Computer Science, or related field
· Minimum of 5 years’ experience in technical documentation
· Experience architecting, writing, and editing technical documentation
· Experience writing for a technical audience, system administrator or developer
· Understanding of techniques for effective technical and business writing
· Solid experience in delivering instructor-led training or technical presentations
· Obsessive about technical accuracy.
· Passion to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly-changing environment.
· A proactive and open-minded attitude to resolving problems and delivering results.
· Excellent organizational and multi-tasking abilities.
· Strong attention to detail.
· Experience with machine learning, software architecture and/or infrastructure solutions is a plus.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation