TrueMotion is combining intuitive technology and data science to make it easier for people to become safer drivers. We believe that when people are smart, passionate, and happy they have the ability to do amazing things. Our culture is collaborative and the work we do together is challenging and meaningful. There's never a dull moment and we love it that way. As our first Technical Writer, you will play a significant role in how we communicate internally and with our customers. You will have the opportunity to learn our complex product and systems and turn them into something that is easy to understand.
- Translate complex technical information about our products and services into approachable and instructional content for a variety of external and internal stakeholders
- Be a key link between product managers, engineers, customer success managers, as well as all of our external users, customers, and developers in order to help them understand and utilize our technology
- Plan, develop, write, and edit operational, instructional, maintenance, and release materials for TrueMotion services that are used by internal and external development teams and stakeholders
- Obtain a deep understanding of our products and services to translate complex product information into simple, polished, and engaging content
- Collaborate with product design, engineering, product management, and product marketing to create user-focused documentation for novice and experienced software developers
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in Technical Writing
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, with a keen eye for detail
- Strong research skills and the ability to pick up new technical concepts quickly
- Excellent, clear, clean, accessible writing; obsessive eye for consistency and technical accuracy
- Proven experience producing technical content for public consumption
- Ability to thrive, without much oversight, in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- The ability to translate technical jargon into approachable, accessible language
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Stock options
- Comprehensive benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k)
- Flexible Paid Time Off
- Feel great working to solve a serious problem (distracted driving)
- Touch your toes thanks to our daily post stand-up meeting team stretch
- Burn some calories during our optional weekly fun-run around the Boston waterfront
- Get to really know your coworkers over a drink and snacks every Thursday afternoon
- Have fun at our frequent team outings, where we go to Red Sox games, volunteer to clean-up the Esplanade, etc.
At TrueMotion we build solutions that make driving safer, lower cost, and more fun. We use the smartphone as a sensor and machine learning to turn phone data into driving data. We believe distracted driving is a solvable problem and partner with insurance companies and other relevant organizations to drive change (pun intended). We are a band of entrepreneurs dedicated to our mission and having fun at our office on Fort Point Channel!
TrueMotion is backed by General Catalyst, Bain Capital Ventures and Lakestar. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.