Technical writers create critical how-tos, tutorials, product documentation, and other resources for the Klaviyo customer base. The Academy teams mission is to enable our customers to grow their businesses through self-serve content, so youll be playing a foundational role in helping both Klaviyo and its customers achieve business goals.
As a technical writer at Klaviyo, youll cultivate an understanding of our customers and their needs, learn how ecommerce businesses work inside and out, and translate that into content that helps our customers grow.
A successful candidate has a strong background in customer success and understands how to translate complex concepts into digestible, easy-to-follow content. You know how to troubleshoot customer issues and generate solutions that allow customers to self serve.
Youll be part of the Academy team and report to Klaviyos Manager of Academy.
How you'll make a difference:
- Manage the end-to-end documentation process for feature launches. Youll work closely with the Product team to prepare the documentation for all feature launches, large and small. This may also require you to collaborate with other members of the Academy team, success engineers, product marketing, and more.
- Identify content gaps. Hone your research and interview skills to identify documentation and guide needs by working with internal stakeholders, customers, and conducting independent data analysis.
- Publish content. Produce a variety of content, including but not limited to how-to articles, long-form tutorials, and videos to help our customers understand the business and product elements that can be brought together to bring them success.
- Monitor performance. Youll work collaboratively with the Academy team to understand how to measure the performance of our contentwhats resonating, whats reducing support tickets, what has a high CSAT ratingand youll use data to help make recommendations about what content we should create.
In your first 30 days, youll have:
- Come up to speed on our audience, market, product, and company
- Spoken to at least 10 current customers
- Created and published at least 1 net new article on the help center
Within 90 days, youll have:
- Mastered Klaviyos style guide
- Attended at least 1 Klaviyo-sponsored event (virtual or otherwise)
- Established a calendar and system for prioritizing the content you work on
In the first year, youll have:
- Helped grow the base of customers using our help center
- Measurably reduced support tickets in your areas of ownership
- Achieved an average CSAT score of at least 50 on the content you published
Who you are:
- You bring a customer-first mindset to everything you do.
- You have excellent overall writing skills in a number of different styles/tones, and impeccable spelling and grammar.
- You have a passion for learning and an ability to take complex information and turn it into engaging, easy-to-understand instructions.
- You deeply enjoy helping customers achieve their business goals by creating content that makes an impact.
- You are fluent in software/technology and have experience using an online CMS.