Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 240 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 150 million lives.
The Technical Training Manager will develop training for Amwells technical roles. This may include, but is not limited to Professional Services, L3/Tam, Sales Engineering. Reporting to the Director of Training, this role will collaborate with key stakeholders to identify product and role-based training needs that align with business objectives and deliver training content across multiple modalities.
This position requires the ability to operate both strategically and tactically. The individual will need to develop training strategy, oversee creation of training curriculum and materials, contribute to individual projects, as well as proactively manage project and program progress and communicate status to cross-functional teams.
- Determine the strategy for technical Product training, including curriculum and delivery methodology, and strategy for maintaining training content with each release.
- Perform needs assessments to identify training gaps. Raises non-training issues to management for alternate resolution.
- Keep up-to-date on training industry trends. Incorporate the latest innovations into training offerings to enhance existing material and improve effectiveness.
- Apply knowledge of adult learning theory and instructional design to create training curriculum and materials for Amwell technical roles. Formats include, but not limited to eLearning, (V)ILT, job aids, and manuals.
- Manage complex training projects to ensure timelines, milestones and deliverables are met in accordance with project plan.
- Collaborate with Amwell subject matter experts to design exceptional course materials for online learning and instructor-led courses.
- Deploy methodologies to evaluate, analyze and report on training efficacy.
- Manage and support vendor partners including, but not limited to storyboarding and scripting with narrators.
- Provide LMS support as needed.
- Motivated self-learner who enjoys digging into new technical topics with limited oversight
- Good working knowledge of and/or interest in differences between front end development (HTML, CSS) , back end development and relational databases
- Knowledge of basic aspects of web-based and mobile application software and the software development process
- Familiarity with software development concepts including web services, APIs, SDKs, and 3rd party integration best practices
- Experience with telemedicine programs, EMR, EHR, HIE, or other health technology systems is a plus
- Experience with rapid eLearning tools or an ability to learn.
- 5+ years of experience in training and development
- Ability to think both tactically and strategically, flexibility and willingness to shift priorities based on evolving companywide priorities.
- Demonstrated understanding of adult learning theory and instructional design principles with a proven track record of creating and implementing successful training programs.
- Experience in building and managing successful cross-functional relationships and ability to manage stakeholder expectations to achieve deliverables and meet deadlines.
- Passion and enthusiasm for training role and impact to the organization.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
Working at Amwell
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. Were a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K match
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- On-site gym free to use and open 24/7
- Prime office space with roof deck access and views overlooking all of Boston
- Caf lounge stocked with a wide range of complimentary snacks, coffee and other beverages.