Amwell is a leading telehealth platform in the United States and globally, connecting and enabling providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. Amwell believes that digital care delivery will transform healthcare. We offer a single, comprehensive platform to support all telehealth needs from urgent to acute and post-acute care, as well as chronic care management and healthy living. With over a decade of experience, Amwell powers telehealth solutions for over 240 health systems comprised of 2,000 hospitals and 55 health plan partners with over 36,000 employers, covering over 150 million lives.
Amwell is seeking a motivated and energetic Technical Support Engineer join the Customer Support team at Amwell. The Technical Support Engineer works cross-functionally to help maximize the value that Amwell Clients get from their installed products. They will play a critical role in the Customer Support organization, serving as the functional manager to technical escalation and diagnostic resource for Level 2 and Technical Account Management. The ideal candidate will be team oriented and thrives in a rapidly changing and highly collaborative support and operational environment. Strong attention to detail, tactical problem solving, and excellent analytical skills are all key attributes for this role. A track record of building strong and effective working relationships among cross-functional internal teams is a must.
- Prioritize workload based on business and client priority and impact and communicate status to internal and external stakeholders.
- Govern overall status of ticket queue in the teams portfolio, prioritize and ensure SLAs are being met.
- Primary conduit to internal technical resources, participates in war rooms to develop cross-functional mitigation plans.
- Represents support organization as key participant to perform live logging and provide technical expertise during external meetings.
- Follow, standardize, and enhance the log analysis template to expedite resolutions.
- Run SQL queries and analyze server application and access logs to perform root cause analysis on issues escalated to the queue.
- Creates documentation to enable repeatable processes, knowledgebase, and common troubleshooting scenarios.
- Collaborate with the Development, Hosting, L2 Support, and Technical Account Managers to reproduce and characterize reported issues.
- Minimum 5-8 years of experience analyzing application logs and troubleshooting network application functionality in a Support or Development organization.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and cross-functional team building skills.
- Outstanding time management and organization skills.
- Proven ability to multi-task, collaborate, and work through complex problems independently, utilizing structured problem-solving methodologies (processes, best practices, tools, templates).
- Proven understanding of client-server application structure.
- Experience with Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL or other relational database required; Atlassian products (e.g., Confluence, JIRA), and Salesforce products a plus.
- BA in Computer Science, or equivalent 5 or more years of Consulting, Technical Support, or Engineering experience.
Should you join Amwell and the Customer Support team, you can expect:
The Support team is a growing organization within Amwell. This team exhibits excellent communication skills with all levels of management, excels at multi-tasking and displays A+ problem-solving skills. The Eligibility and Billing Specialist is a new role on the Support team, which provides the opportunity to help shape and mold the way this role progresses. Additional responsibilities are available as the individual masters current workload, and there is potential for growth.
Working at Amwell
We strive to make the hard work of healthcare look easy. In order to make this a reality, we look for people with a fast-paced, mission-driven mentality. Were a go-getter culture that prides itself on quality, efficiency, smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- 401K match
- Competitive health, dental and vision insurance plans
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- On-site gym free to use and open 24/7
- Prime office space with roof deck access and views overlooking all of Boston
- Caf lounge stocked with a wide range of complimentary snacks, coffee and other beverages.
More Jobs From