Vecna Robotics seeks a Technical Support Engineer to join its Network Operations Center. These cross-functional engineers manage all technical issues with our robots from the field that cannot be resolved by Tier 1 & 2 technical support staff, and are responsible for root cause analysis, quality assurance planning, monitoring of regression and performance trends, mentoring and training of Tier 2 staff, and complex site configurations and path tweaks during active robot deployments. This role works closely with project managers and deployment engineers, and serves as a bridge to product development, manufacturing and sales and marketing divisions.
In this role you will:
- Manage all escalated technical support issues that are escalated from the NOC Technical Support Tier 1 & 2 team members, and coordinate customer communication on such issues.
- Provide root cause analysis and advanced troubleshooting for complex hardware & software issues.
- Provide product related training primarily to Tier 2 Robotics Technical Support Specialists as well as acting as a mentor to all NOC team members.
- Respond to customer issues within established timeframes to ensure our customer support service levels are achieved.
- Escalate technical support issues that cannot be resolved by Tier 1, 2 or 3 to product development teams.
- Monitor performance and quality, and manage updates to field robots and coordinate replacement parts with internal manufacturing division.
- Act as a backup for Tier 2 Robotics Technical Support Specialists.
- Provide analytical reports to senior staff.
- Remotely coordinate and resolve individual site issues within the U.S through support to 3rd party vendors as necessary.
- Occasional travel required to client sites on short notice may be required.
- BS. degree in an engineering field strongly preferred; equivalent experience considered.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in providing technical support on complex software and hardware solutions.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills to methodically determine root cause, and proposing solutions or workarounds to difficult and complex production issues reported by customers and partners.
- Excellent written communication and verbal skills, as well as strong listening skills.
- Customer service mindset to serve as an example to junior team members.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with a sense of urgency.
- Experience utilizing debugging tools and lab simulations to analyze problems and identify solutions.
- Proven success completing assigned tickets in a timely manner and ensuring tickets are documented clearly with current status.
- Advanced knowledge or experience in one or more of the following areas preferred: multiple Microsoft Windows operating systems; quality assurance; MS SQL databases; LAN/WAN Networking; or IT Network Operations.
- Prior experience supporting mobile robot solutions a plus.
- Experience with Linux preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with ROS (Robot Operating System) or a strong desire to learn.
- Experience in scripting, network troubleshooting for software a plus.
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP.
- Familiarity with hardware troubleshooting tools, swapping components and cabling preferred.
- Basic knowledge of printed circuits preferred.
- Up to 20% travel may be required.
More Jobs From