Technical Support Engineer - Tier 2, Developer
Brightcove is the leading online video platform. Media companies, businesses, and organizations worldwide use Brightcove to publish and distribute video that reaches more than 135 million unique viewers every month. We've worked hard to create a company where talented, passionate people can thrive in a culture that values individual empowerment, excellence, and collaboration. Working at Brightcove gives you the chance to reshape how media is published and consumed worldwide while you develop your skills, grow your career, and have fun.
Are you passionate about working directly with customers and immediately impacting their success? We are looking for an exceptional person to join our Customer Support team in providing efficient and accurate technical assistance to ensure complete customer satisfaction for our growing customer base of online video publishers. The ideal candidate is a dedicated problem solver, passionate about rich media technologies, and a proven customer advocate. We are looking for someone who is highly motivated with strong technical experience, excellent written and verbal communication skills and high enthusiasm for customer success.
Responsibilities will include working directly with customers via phone and email to respond to technical issues, providing escalated technical and triage support for other team members, and actively contribute to our online community and knowledge database for up-to-date customer information and solutions. This individual will also work closely with our Engineering, Product Management and QA teams to increase customer satisfaction by providing critical feedback and assistance for product enhancements.
As a member of Customer Support, the candidate will be part of a Global team interacting closely with Support offices in the US, Europe, Australia, Korea, and Japan, as well as with customers around the world.
Working for Brightcove will give you a unique opportunity to join a fast growing company and play an integral role building products and online services that promise to transform the media industry and change the way people all over the world watch video.
- College degree (CS degree preferred)
- Excellent communication skills and strong customer focus
- Proven analytical / problem solving ability
- Ability to communicate technical concepts clearly and effectively, both written and oral
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage initiatives to completion.
- Proven ability to work with the team to quickly and calmly resolve technical issues.
- Solid understanding of internet technologies including browsers, networking, firewalls & proxy servers
- Demonstrated ability to learn new skills quickly.
- Ability to work independently and as a part of a team.
- Required to be flexible, detail oriented and organized with the ability to multitask.
- On-call availability
- Strong technology background with a comprehensive knowledge of Internet, Mobile and Digital Online Media technologies such as networking, servers, etc
- Familiarity and working knowledge of Java; experience in Android development is a plus
- Familiarity and working knowledge with rich media applications and mobile SDK development or testing
- Familiarity and working knowledge of RESTful API use, data collection tools, developer support experience
- Meaningful experience with online video and of video encoding applications
- Exposure and working knowledge in at least one other programming language including Objective C/Swift, PHP, BASH, etc
- Ability to test, troubleshoot and diagnose ad integrations issues highly desired
- Working knowledge of video ad serving technologies (VAST, VPAID, VMAP, etc) highly desired
- Working knowledge of ad/video analytics platforms (Omniture, MOAT, etc) highly desired
Working at Brightcove
This position is based in our Boston office. We offer a fun and challenging work environment, competitive compensation, stock options, 401k matching, and tuition reimbursement. Our office is located downtown, right on Fort Point harbor by South Station, with a fully stocked kitchen, ping pong and foosball tables. We give back by encouraging employees to take volunteer time off, matching charitable donations up to $100 per employee per year, and sponsoring regular meet-ups like our Women in Technology Initiative. We also offer unlimited vacation!