Technical Support Engineer
We are looking for an experienced senior Technical Support Engineer to join our Customer Support department. This position will work with our customers to provide technical product support for enterprise products in a SaaS environment. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, friendly, out-going, and has a passion for technology and going above and beyond to make our customers successful. This candidate must be able to work independently and as a team player.
About the Team:
- You will join a team of bright, fast-paced professionals, supporting enterprise level products in a cutting-edge cloud environment.
- We are smart, innovative, ambitious, and will break-the-doors-down to make our customers happy.
- Learn more about Everbridge and see photos of our office here.
- Meet the Everbridge team here.
- Respond and work as a trusted advisor to incoming customer issues with urgency.
- Research and identify root cause of customer issues and provide solutions. Where appropriate, escalate issues to other internal teams (i.e. Engineering, Operations), while maintaining ownership of the issue and keeping the customer up to date on next steps to resolution.
- Be the customer’s champion and single point of contact until issue is resolved and customer is satisfied with the resolution
- Write and/or update knowledgebase articles to help customers resolve issues on their own.
- Will occasionally be called upon to work shift or odd hours if the situation demands
- 6+ years of experience in a technical, customer-facing role, supporting SaaS based enterprise applications
- Ambitious and self-motivated to leverage to use time between issues to enhance knowledge or skills with an eye towards growing career at Everbridge.
- Experience with troubleshooting core networking/internet technology (TCP/IP, SMTP, DNS), confederated authentication technology (SSO, IDM), and have a good understanding of how enterprise applications are built and function
- Working knowledge of, and experience troubleshooting, ITSM/ITOM/DevOps/Security Ops products such as Service Now, Remedy, NetCool, New Relic, Puppet, etc.
- Experience troubleshooting mobile applications and REST API driven integrations.
Our team makes a difference during the most difficult times and challenging situations. Our people are dedicated to solving problems. Our software was built to save lives. Our unifying mission is to keep people safe and businesses running.
Headquartered in the great cities of Boston and Los Angeles, with operations all over the world, our team of 500+ dedicated employees support over 3,700 global customers every day in their most crucial moments. During public safety threats such as active shooter situations, terrorist attacks or severe weather conditions, as well as critical business events such as IT outages or cyber-attack incidents, customers rely on our SaaS-based platform to quickly and reliably aggregate and assess threat data, locate people at risk and responders able to assist, automate the execution of pre-defined communications processes, and track progress on executing response plans.
Our culture is all about “Making a Difference,” and we are proud to serve:
- 9 of the 10 largest U.S. cities
- 9 of the 10 largest U.S.-based investment banks
- 25 of the 25 busiest North American airports
- 6 of the 10 largest global automakers
- Over 1,000 Hospitals
As we continue to grow and transform the field of critical event management, we need passionate, committed individuals to help us carry out our mission. Click here to learn more about what we do.
Do you think you have what it takes to make a difference? Apply to be a part of our award-winning team today!
Everbridge is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, or sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.