Casa Systems, Inc. (Nasdaq: CASA) delivers converged broadband technology solutions that enable mobile, cable and fixed network service providers to meet the growing demand for gigabit bandwidth and services. Our suite of distributed and virtualized solutions for fixed and mobile 5G ultra-broadband networks are engineered for performance, flexibility and scale. Commercially deployed in over 70 countries, Casa serves more than 475 Tier 1 and regional service providers worldwide. At Casa Systems, our mission is to deliver ultra-broadband solutions that keep families, communities and the world connected. We harness our passion for innovation to drive technological solutions that allow service providers to do amazing things that improve the way we live.
We are seeking to hire a Technical Support Engineer to join our growing team of technical support experts providing cutting edge technology solutions employing a "Follow the Sun" support strategy to provide customers with first-line technical assistance by phone (<10%) and email to support Casa’s DOSCIS 3.1 Cable Modem Termination System (CMTS) products, LTE/5G products and intelligent video processing solutions for broadcast and unicast services based at our corporate headquarters located in Andover, MA, USA.
This is a highly-visible, high-impact position, key in maintaining highest levels of customer satisfaction. Opportunities to train, mentor, and participate in continual training and personal improvement will arise as the candidate develops their skills. Candidate must be willing to take on new challenges. This position offers is an exceptional career development opportunity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answer customer support line.
- Respond to customer support email.
- Enter clear and concise case notes and other data in a web-based ticketing system (Salesforce.com).
- Resolve technical problems over the telephone and via email.
- Configure customer systems.
- Replicate customer problems in lab environment.
- Develop troubleshooting technical action plans and determine root cause for customer issues.
- Enter commands and observe system response to verify correct operation and detect errors.
- Update technical documentation.
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, network administration or related field.
- 5+ to 7 years of related technical call center experience.
- Customer support experience in a telecom/networking products environment.
- Proficient in IP computer networking and the ability to configure and/or replicate customer problems.
- Linux systems administration experience.
- Experience working in a virtualized server environment.
- Familiar with radio instruments such as spectrum analyzer, network analyzer, signal generator, etc.
- Knowledge of radio standards.
- Possesses excellent communication skills (oral and written).
- Able to understand and prioritize technical problems.
- Work with development team to resolve customer hardware and software issues related to company CMTS products and LTE/5G products.
- Experience producing clear documentation of issues and resolutions for web-based Salesforce.com ticketing system.
- Experience with web-based applications and cable broadband services preferred.
- Able to run scripts in UNIX a plus.
- Member of on-call rotation for weekend and some week night coverage to provide technical support requested.
Casa Systems, Inc. participates in the E Verify program. Casa Systems is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and inclusive work environment free from unlawful employment discrimination and without barriers to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO).
More Jobs From