The Staff Accountant will report to the Manager, Technical Accounting and SEC Reporting with significant exposure to the Senior Manager, Technical Accounting and SEC Reporting. He/she will be part of a high-performing team and will be expected to lead, take ownership of his/her areas of responsibility and ensure accurate and timely completion of company reporting requirements. This role will provide a variety of opportunities to be visible in the company
What You Will Do:
- Key activities include but are not limited to:
- Key contributor of month-end close process including journal entry preparation, account reconciliations and flux analysis related to technical accounting areas including, but not limited to, revenue, leases, internal-use software, investments and hedging.
- Prepare quarterly external financial statements including equity rollforward, other comprehensive income, and consolidated cash flow statements.
- Assist with preparation of all SEC filings, including the planning and execution of the filing, using Workiva software.
- Maintain and update XBRL tagging in accordance with SEC requirements.
- Support with researching disclosure requirements related to technical accounting issues and SEC requirements to ensure complete disclosures in filings.
- Review the accuracy of data included in quarterly earnings press releases and other investor materials.
- Assist with preparation of quarterly reporting packages for senior management.
- Assist with researching technical accounting topics and adoption of new accounting pronouncements.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining financial policies.
- Assist in the annual audit as one of the primary points of contact for technical accounting matters.
- Ensure compliance of key accounting controls for Sarbanes Oxley purposes.
To Be Successful You Will Have:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting.
- 1+ years of related experience.
- Solid understanding of US GAAP, including ability to research and form own conclusions.
- Exposure to Oracle EBS and strong Excel skills preferred.
- Must have (soft skills):
- Self-motivated and eagerness to improve everything he/she touches.
- Ability to work in a team environment across various departments or as an individual contributor as needed.
- Attention to detail as well as analytical, problem solving and leadership skills.
- Highly effective communication skills, both oral and written.
- Willingness to respond to changing business needs of a growing company.
- Self-confidence to work with senior leaders to support Accounting and Finance needs.
More Jobs From