829 Studios has been named to the Inc. 5000 Fastest-Growing Privately Held Companies, Boston Business Journal's Fast 50 (Massachusetts' 50 Fastest-Growing Private Companies) and HubSpot's Top Digital Agencies list. Our projects and team members have received recognition from the Hospitality Sales and Marketing Association International (HSMAI), Awwwards and other marketing industry publications. Our clients include venture-backed start-ups, publicly traded companies, non-profit organizations and more. We're proud to be working with Stanley Black & Decker, OARS, Micato Safaris, Hilton Hotels, REI, Leave No Trace and many more.
As a Technical Analyst for Website Projects, you are at the intersection of UX, design, and development for large-scale website projects. You have a firm vision and understanding of how websites come together from a technical and architectural perspective, and you ensure that our cross-functional teams are set up for success.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Read, understand, and interpret technical documentation. You are responsible for documenting all systems that will compromise a website and how they will work together this includes the CMS, CRM, plugins, API integrations and more. You will work with clients to ensure that all system considerations are uncovered, and then with our internal teams to inform their use and implementation.
- Prepare data migrations and field mapping. Work with our UX and development teams to document data structures. This will inform the UX and content architecture process, and also the development process for automated imports and migrations of data when appropriate.
- Review wireframes and visual designs. Collaborate with UX and visual designers to ensure that their designs match the underlying data structure or technical framework that will govern the website. Write and assist others with functional notes to ensure a cohesive understanding of product functionality across internal and external teams.
- Participate in the website quality assurance and production process. Review websites for technical bugs, layout issues, performance optimizations and overall quality. Clearly articulate your findings within our project management systems, assign to the appropriate personnel, and ensure completion of tasks. Interpret client requests in order to route them accordingly.
- Improve the process. Contribute to the development of methodologies, standards and best practices to streamline processes and create efficiencies for the production of digital work.
Qualifications and Skills
- At least five years of experience in a full-service digital agency as a Technical Analyst, Project Manager, Developer, Producer or comparable role is required. While we will consider candidates with in-house experience, an agency background is preferred.
- A portfolio or examples of technical documentation that you have produced.
- Experience in the full life-cycle of a website build, including outlining functional specifications, scheduling cross-functional teams, QA, bug resolution, and deployment.
- A firm understanding of how websites are built using waterfall and agile processes, and the awareness to assign responsibilities and route tasks accordingly.
- Comfort using project management tools and spreadsheets.
- The ability to problem-solve, confidently make decisions and lead projects with empathy and authority.
Benefits and Perks
- Paid Time Off. Receive generous paid vacation benefits that increase as you advance.
- 401K + Match. 401K plan with 4% employer match after one year of employment.
- Life Insurance Benefit. Coverage to ensure peace of mind for your family.
- Short Term Disability Benefit. Injured and unable to come to work? We've got you covered!
- Healthcare. Choose from several competitive healthcare plans for both you and your family.
- Commuter Benefits. Allocate pre-tax funds towards your commute to save up to 40% per year in transportation expenses.
- Continuing Education. Receive a personal budget to attend events and conferences.
- Free Lunch & Breakfast. We offer a fully paid family lunch and breakfast once per week.
More Jobs From