Our software technologies and tools empower our customers to configure print-ready parts, visualize part geometry in 3D, and push to IoT-connected printers for printing. As part of the Software Engineering team, you would be helping to lead the scaling and growth of our 3D printing platform involving end-customer applications and IoT services. The Software team is highly cross-functional, and you will have ample opportunity to get involved in and take ownership of projects that interest you.
Markforged is seeking a talented and motivated Technical Software Program Manager who will be part of the Program Management team. The Program Manager will be responsible for managing the development of new software products that enhance our users 3D printing experiences. From Machine Learning/AI to enabling customers to print better, faster, & stronger with a world-class user experience; this role will drive exciting new projects from the initial planning/scoping phases all the way through launch.
What will you own?
- Responsible for effectively initiating, planning, scheduling, forecasting, coordinating, controlling, managing and delivering all activities for projects and related release initiatives
- Serve as the primary conduit for projects/programs, between all functional organizations across the value chain
- Oversee the day-to-day progress of project(s) and Software release process with regard to time, budget, scope and quality and apply processes to report release status, key metrics and deliverables
- Collaborate with product managers, as well as colleagues in engineering and design, to gather requirements and plan out deliverables
- Maintain clear systems of documentation, ensuring that all product decisions are well-documented
- Demonstrate leadership by working with representatives from Product Management, Content, Documentation, Support, Marketing, Operations, and Sales to prioritize and negotiate internal resource allocation to formulate a release plan. This would include:
- Coordinate with members of the product team to establish timelines for release of software features
- Identify the components of a release which will require documentation and work with Content/Documentation to push material on schedule with the related release
- Communicate with support prior to every release, ensure they have the resources they need to successfully support the release
- Coordinate and account for impacts to Operations (new parts getting shipped, new devices, new materials) when making a new release
- Coordinate with Marketing to drive communications to the customer, VAR and internal communications highlighting impactful changes.
- Support Marketing and Product in training sales on significant releases
- Coordinate and communicate program status regularly to project teams, stakeholders across the value chain and the management team
- Continuously improve team processes and tools in the spirit of Agile project management and lean operations
- Team Management, holding teams accountable for their commitments, removing roadblocks to their work
- Promote empowerment of the team, mentoring team members where necessary
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point were getting at, it doesnt hurt to take a chance and apply!
What you have:
- 5-7 years of Software program management experience, specifically in the areas of SaaS is required
- Strong background in hardware and software integration
- Ability to be independent and thrive in ambiguity
- Program management experience in advanced development or the development of new technologies using both agile and waterfall methodologies
- Comfortable with conflict resolution and have the skills to resolve disagreements quickly and effectively, bringing a problem-solving attitude to conflicting approaches
- Experience with Phase Gate product deliveries
- Ability to thrive and be highly effective in a fast-paced and fluid environment
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or technology required
- Experience with Gantt and task management tools; PMP preferred
- Jira working knowledge/experience preferred
- Experience working in a startup and growth environment is a plus.
- A self-starter and proactive problem solver, always thinking ahead