Office Tour Photos
Join us as we work to create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
The Manager of Technical Revenue Accounting will support the Senior Manager of Technical Revenue Accounting and Finance Director with the technical accounting issues associated with revenue recognition and revenue accounting. This is an opportunity to help with the revenue accounting activities including accounting systems integration, policies, processes and controls alignment. This position will also support the assessment of non-standard contracts under ASC606, and continue refining the current ASC606 revenue model and improving the processes. This position will report to the Senior Manager of Technical Revenue Accounting, who leads accounting transactions, positions, policies, and controls related to revenue. The position will be well supported by other technical peers who enjoy teaching and learning.
The Team: Our Revenue Accounting team is responsible for the companys adherence to ASC 606 and related accounting guidance as well as various process improvement initiatives.
- Perform technical research on complex revenue recognition issues
- Assist the Senior Manager of Technical Revenue Accounting to provide consultation to internal departments such as Pricing, Sales, Sales Operations, Marketing, Legal, Business Development and Billing on revenue accounting implications of modifications, non-standard deals terms, and new pricing schemes and service offerings
- Continuously update revenue recognition policies and memos factoring in updates to guidance or changes to business process, including topics like multi-element arrangements, gross vs. net treatment, consideration paid to customers
- Determine the appropriate amount of revenue to record under ASC 606 for standard and non-standard deals
- Perform annual Standalone Selling Price analysis
- Assist policy process development
- Ad hoc projects to be determined
- Assurance and compliance related responsibilities:
- Work closely with internal and external auditors during quarterly reviews and annual audit
- Assist monthly or quarterly review of certain internal controls
- Create or modify revenue related internal controls as needed
- Maintain appropriate documentation of internal controls
- 5+ years of experience; CPA with Big 4 experience strongly preferred
- Will consider either a direct hire from a Big 4 or a mix of public accounting and industry experience; preferably focused on publicly traded technology companies
- Bachelors degree or higher in Accounting or Finance
- Proficiency in U.S. GAAP and Sarbanes Oxley
- Ability to communicate with non-technical accounting-focused individuals on the nuances of revenue recognition, ranging from sales personnel, other finance-based individuals, and executive-level individuals.
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to several restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee caf and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or athenistas) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for a company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support, collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.
More Jobs From