Office Tour Photos
To continue to thrive over the long-term, Carbonite must be staffed at every level with people equipped to deliver on the Company’s mission. We must attract, develop and retain high-performers, and ensure that everyone at Carbonite works in an environment that maximizes their potential and contribution and that fulfills their aspirations.
The talent acquisition team’s mission is to identify, attract and hire high-performers who will drive Carbonite’s overall business goals & objectives and serve as a competitive advantage for the Company.
As a Technical Recruiter on the talent acquisition team, you will be a key contributor in achieving this mission. You will own the full recruiting lifecycle, from research to close, providing the utmost experience for your clients and candidates. In this role, you will drive candidate sourcing strategies to attract and hire top quality talent. You’ll also closely partner with hiring managers throughout your search, advising, coaching and guiding them through the process.
You will manage multiple searches concurrently in various functions and locations, so being nimble and comfortable operating in a fast-paced dynamic environment are vital to the success of this role. This is a great opportunity for an agency recruiter to come in house, recruit for technical roles and directly impact the organization.
Specific Objectives and Responsibilities:
Your First Six Months:
- Internalize Carbonite’s culture and values. This is a key to future success.
- Learn and adopt Carbonite’s best practices for hiring. Drive consistent implementation of those practices with each search and your customers.
- Ramp up and become an expert with Carbonite’s recruiting tools and ATS.
- Develop candidate generation sourcing strategies for each search you are assigned; be creative, don’t be afraid to use unconventional sourcing tools/techniques.
- Partner with hiring managers to clearly understand the requirements for each recruiting assignment; develop a deep understanding of the team’s dynamics, how the role and its team contribute to the overall company goals, and how to position the role to attract and retain “A” players.
- Lead the recruitment process and the interviewers participating in each search you own.
- Take ownership for successful completion of recruiting assignments. By doing so, gain confidence and respect of partnering hiring managers.
- Ensure an outstanding experience for every candidate who interviews with Carbonite and every customer you collaborate with.
- Partner with HRBPs to ensure functional and role alignment with your searches.
- All of the above, plus;
- Lead and drive Carbonite’s continuous improvement in hiring. The talent team’s long-term mission is to build a core competency in hiring that provides a sustainable competitive advantage.
- Continually deepen relationships with hiring managers to become an integral partner who directly impacts their success.
- Collaborate with talent team members to continually improve results and team capability.
- Participate in events and functions that expand relationships with targeted talent pools and enhance Carbonite’s employment brand.
- Develop an effective pipeline of key talent potentially available for immediate hire as succession planning needs dictate.
Key Challenges to Overcome:
Recruiting top talent is always a challenge. The challenges for this role go beyond that. Every company wants to have the capability to attract, retain, and develop the best talent. Yet most do that poorly. Why? The simplest explanation is that it is not easy. Achieving the mission of the talent team will be a major challenge—and doing it successfully will be a major achievement.
This is clearly a unique opportunity for someone that is passionate about recruiting and wants to move beyond transactional recruiting in order to become a strategic player empowered to directly impact business results. A passion and knack for problem solving are essential.
What will make you successful at Carbonite:
- Highly autonomous and able to independently identify high value projects and drive them to completion.
- Demonstrated leadership capability in cross-functional team environments.
- Having and being able to articulate/defend an informed opinion on important topics.
- Maintaining focus and commitment to achieve important goals despite any obstacles.
- Being responsible for your actions; own a situation, own successes and failures.
- 3+ years’ experience executing multiple full lifecycle recruiting assignments
- Proven success creating and implement sourcing strategies utilizing various tools and techniques.
- You have a hunter mentality that aggressively and proactively targets, engages, and closes top talent.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain trust & relationships with internal and external customers
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Prior Technical recruiting experience preferred.
Carbonite provides a complete Data Protection Platform for businesses and the IT professionals who serve them. From backup and disaster recovery to data migration, high availability and endpoint protection, our flexible solutions can be tailored to meet the data protection needs of any business.
Carbonite solutions are strengthened by our outstanding team members and through strategic acquisitions—like our purchase of leading endpoint protection provider Mozy Inc., and high availability specialist DoubleTake Software. Our laser focus on security and our track record of meeting customers' unique requirements are two more reasons why businesses around the globe depend on Carbonite.
Carbonite is made up of over 1,000 smart and dedicated individuals who work at locations all over the world. We foster a thriving, dynamic environment rich with inventive minds and entrepreneurial spirit. With our robust Data Protection Platform, we are well-positioned in a rapidly growing market. We're currently looking for talented people to join the Carbonite team both in the U.S. and globally. Are you ready to grow with us?
Carbonite, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer does not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Upon request, accommodations will be made available during the recruitment process for applicants with a disability. If you require accommodations, we will work with you to provide or arrange for the provision of suitable accommodation wherever possible. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
More Jobs From