American Well, a leading telehealth platform in the US, is seeking a highly motivated and professional Technical Project Manager. At American Well, we believe digital care delivery will transform healthcare. Our mission is to connect and enable providers, insurers, patients, and innovators to deliver greater access to more affordable, higher quality care. We do this by partnering with our clients to deliver video visits over mobile and web. We have doctors, therapists, and specialists on staff to help people get care when and where they need it most.
The Technical Project Manager will play a critical role within Engineering Operations, serving as the liaison between key clients and our engineering team, to drive successful integrations of the American Well telehealth platform. This individual will impart leadership to ensure department deliverables are prioritized appropriately, executed on time and with the highest quality, all while providing transparency across the organization. Specifically, they will be responsible for using their healthcare industry and prior client relationship experience to oversee the relationship activities between the American Well platform and our clients 3rd party systems. They will understand and help guide process throughout the implementation lifecycle and own internal alignment regarding EHR integration efforts.
- Manages client expectations by building relationships, communicating project status and open issues, preparing reports, managing change, and facilitating client meetings
- Provides functional and technical guidance to the clients project team relative to workflow and solutions design
- Manages the overall requirements process to ensure the platform is configured to meet the clients needs
- Provides ongoing support and management of new business initiatives, software upgrades, and enhancements
- Work closely with Product Management, Development, QA and other stakeholders on planning and delivering high quality software
- Understand the product and technology well enough to support the project, identify and communicate risks, and facilitate issue resolution
- Obtain and stay current on the technical complexities of the American Well platform to contribute meaningfully to what if solution discussions.
- Lead client-facing requirement discovery sessions and assist with pre-sale technical presentations as needed
- 8+ years of project management and/or consulting experience within healthcare technology
- 5+ years of experience vetting and delivering custom healthcare integration solutions as scoped to satisfy critical client workflows.
- Knowledge of EHR/EMR integrations
- Experience with healthcare interoperability and messaging standards, including but not limited to HL7, SMART on FHIR, and IHE integration profiles
- Ability to concurrently manage multiple large projects in a technical and cross-functional environment, leading clients and team members through complex system implementations with aggressive delivery deadlines
- Exceptional communication, leadership, team building, and people management skills
- Comfortable interfacing with senior-level executives, both internally and externally
- Proven history of managing project teams to meet aggressive deadlines, utilizing sound project management methodology (processes, best practices, tools, and templates)
- Client-facing experience is required.
- Flexibility to travel up to 20% (overnight)
The R&D organization is a multi-disciplinary team of software professional dedicated to creating a state of the art TeleHealth experience on every platform we can get our hands on. Our cross-functional teams follow a pragmatic Agile methodology as we balance feature requests, strategic initiatives, tech debt, and exciting partnerships on the path to delivering a market leading product to a quickly growing customer base. We work hand in hand with the whole American Well organization to ensure that our product meets the needs of all of our users.
Working at American Well:
American Well is changing how care is delivered through online and mobile technology. We make online doctor visits accessible to everyone for one-off care issues like colds or infections, and chronic condition management, such as diabetes or depression. We make the hard work of healthcare look easy and that requires a mission-driven mentality. Were a go getter culture that pride itself on smarts, initiative, creative thinking, and a strong work ethic. Our corporate headquarters are located in downtown Boston at 75 State Street in the heart of the city. In addition to the opportunity to build the future of healthcare technology and a great location, we offer:
- Unlimited Personal Time Off (Vacation)
- 401K match
- Competitive healthcare, dental and vision insurance plans
- Free gym access on-site
- Prime office space with views overlooking all of Boston
- Complimentary snacks and drinks
More Jobs From