Technical Project Manager - Automated Robotic Platforms & Instrumentation
We love automation. We design and build innovative robotic systems and laboratory devices used by pharmaceutical and biotech companies and academic research laboratories. HighRes Biosolutions helps scientists accelerate drug discovery, high throughput genotyping, siRNA screening, next-generation sequencing sample prep, biorepository science and molecular diagnostics with highly flexible, expandable and modular integrated systems, bench-top devices and consumables that are easily configured (and reconfigured) to create research environments conducive to achieving breakthrough results.
Position is responsible for managing the installation of automated robotic platforms and instrumentation at customer sites throughout the US and Europe. Plan, direct, and monitor projects from initiation through delivery to meet revenue targets and cost projections for all customers. Ability to manage multiple projects and resources is crucial. Experience managing customer relationships in order to maximize customer satisfaction. Serves as a mediator to internal issues and conflicting priorities for teams focused on delivery of products to clients. Organize activities interdepartmentally to ensure on-time delivery. Work closely with sales team to ensure product/projects are implemented per specification.
- Serve as primary liaison between customers and corporate for on-time deliveries
- Gather requirements and work with in-house teams for solutions
- Work with customers to finalize project specifications
- Keep customers informed on progress/status of all projects
- Monitor progress of all projects to key timelines. Work continuously with customers to keep projects on track
- Ensure customer site readiness for all installations
- Experience in technical project management (e.g. managing large, complex hardware/software integration projects; robotic automation projects a plus)
- Demonstrated track record of project management skills. PM certification is a plus.
- 3-7 years related experience
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects
- Able to develop and complete functional design specifications
- Experience with high throughput screening, compound management, drug discovery, or research automation a plus