Technical Project Manager
Piaggio Fast Forward (PFF) is hiring a detail-oriented, self-motivated Software Project Manager. In this role, you will manage projects for our multidisciplinary engineering team, playing an important role in the development of gita and future PFF products. Strong communication and organizational skills are necessary for success as a Software Project Manager at PFF. Ideal candidates will have experience working on consumer products that require complex hardware and software.
- Provide project leadership by working with cross-functional teams to create and manage software and hardware schedules.
- Manage projects from concept through delivery to include generating schedules and resource plans, monitoring progress, managing change control, managing risk and issues.
- Record detailed requirements, constraints and assumptions with team members in order to establish the project deliverables and schedule.
- Ensure common understanding and collaboration across the organization by setting expectations in accordance with the project plan.
- Formalize final acceptance for the projects by ensuring that the delivered products and services comply with the agreed deliverables list, scope and organizational procedures.
- Monitor progress of activities and budget against project plan. Determining, and ensuring appropriate action upon critical path tasks.
- Act to apply Agile/Scrum practices in a manner to best suit the needs of the team.
- Provide clear communication to team members and stakeholders.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, related fields or equivalent practical experience.
- 5+ years of proven successful software/hardware project management experience.
- 1-3 years of industry experience as a software engineer or hardware engineer is preferred; experience working at a company developing a hardware based product is required.
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly-credible leadership to development teams and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues.
- Consumer product experience is strongly preferred.
- Hands on experience of various project management methodologies and toolsets (e.g., JIRA, Confluence, Smartsheet, etc).
- Experience building and managing a project schedule using project management tool utilizing data-based decision-making (GANTT charts, etc.).
- Strong communication skills are required.
- Scrum Master certification is a plus.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, with high attention to detail.
- Effective data analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Developed strategic consultation skills around delivery and priorities.
- Mechanical experience is a plus.
- Successful applicants will be asked so show proof that they can legally work in the U.S.